T9 CARV S vs T16 RHINO - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Special prize in every box!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-05-22, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MSKGrim
Private

T9 CARV S vs T16 RHINO

Hey guys, new to PS2 and just started a TR character with a couple friends. I picked up the HA class and I like the idea of it, but the CARV is just not doing it for me. I noticed today that the price of the CARV S dropped today and is now in my range for purchase. I've tried both the T16 and the CARV S in the VR, and I can't tell THAT much of a difference between the two. I'm looking for a medium range gun. I like the compensator and 2x reflex on the S, and the adv. foregrip on the rhino and I'm having a hard time deciding which to pick. Any advice is welcome.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: T9 CARV S vs T16 RHINO

Havent played with either of those but I would suggest you save your certs / sc and get the MSW-R. Its got great handling, great ammo reserve and 60 bullet clip. It very good at medium range and not bad at long range either.
Old 2013-05-23, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Falcon_br
Captain

The msw-r is for close combats only.
Now I am using the rhino and enjoying it.
My biggest problem with the rhino is that it doesn't have any useful barrel attachment.
But I am using it without any attachment at all! Tested on the VR and the horizontal recoil is so small that I am thinking of using it with extended mags, the problem is that I am so used to the msw-r that I keep reloading everytime I spend 50 bullets.
Also I think the rhino lacks a reflex 2x sight, so maybe I won't keep using it. The iron sight got a better zoom then the 1x.
So, if I decide to keep using it, it will be with just extended mags.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-23, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Carrionghoul
Private

If you are looking at medium range guns, the TMG50 and the Bull offer the best medium to long range capability. The draw back is that they are pretty lack luster at close quarters combat when compared to the MSW-R and the Carv. Then again, you did say you wanted a medium range weapon, so yeah, TMG50 or the Bull.

The T16 and the CarvS are both the middle of the road guns, and do not really stand out in any way. There are people who swear by the T16 because it's recoil is very manageable but it's damage is average and its rate of fire is low. As far as the CarvS, the extra attachments do not make up for the rate of fire loss when compared to the normal Carv. Again, the CarvS is not a bad gun, it's just lack luster.

When you get into exclusive close quarters combat I recommend switching to your favorite shotgun (Nighthawk or Uppercut come to mind).

Good luck and happy hunting

Last edited by Carrionghoul; 2013-05-23 at 05:59 AM.
Old 2013-05-23, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Falcon_br
Captain

Ok, field tested the t16 with extended mags and adv foregrip.
The adv foregrip really helps getting more hits at enemy infantry on medium range.
I advice you not to get the tmg-50, it is a not a spray weapon, and without any attachment the recoil is impossible to manage, some people get the high velocity ammo for it, before all the other attachment and they almost shot themselves on the face because it is impossible to hit with it.
I don't recommend high velocity ammo to any weapon, the t16 got it, but I will never unlock because it is a close to medium range weapon. Also it the only weapon of the game that I use iron sight on it (excluding the weapons without sights). I do use high velocity with the tmg-50, but I don't recommend it.

Old 2013-05-23, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MSKGrim
Private

Yeah, I ended up getting the T16, it just felt better, and I really like it. It's good enough at range that I can at least scare some people, and good in closer too. My next purchase will be a shotgun for CQC. I just really wish the T16 had a 2x reflex...
Old 2013-05-24, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by MSKGrim View Post
Yeah, I ended up getting the T16, it just felt better, and I really like it. It's good enough at range that I can at least scare some people, and good in closer too. My next purchase will be a shotgun for CQC. I just really wish the T16 had a 2x reflex...
Me too dude, me too, I will never understand why all smg got reflex 2x, but not all the other weapons doesn't! I think that even some shotguns got it!
I use reflex 2x in almost all guns I can, the exception are the very close range ones, like the smgs, the msw-r and the shotguns, that I use 1x. But most of the times I am hip firing with then.
On the sabr 13, I use the 3,4x, but most people uses the 2x, I might swap if one day I decided to go back to it.
Everyone that I know that got 3,4x with any weapon changed it back to reflex 2x. In a perfect world they would give the reflex 2x and the compensator to the t-16 rhino.

Old 2013-05-24, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MSKGrim
Private

It seems silly to me to restrict scopes on weapons, obviously some scopes are better on some guns then others so it's not like an lmg is going to be super OP with a 6x scope, it's going to be worse, but restricting a scope that's made for medium ranges on a medium range gun just seems kind of messed up. The compensator I can understand though, the gun wouldn't even move at all then.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions