Oh lord, playing PS2 is fucking depressing now - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: death is gods way of firing people
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-03-12, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Oh lord, playing PS2 is fucking depressing now

Seriously, what happened here?

I stopped playing again for a while, and after i did log in again this week on miller-tr i noticed how utterly horrible the gameplay has become.

First, the population imbalance is atrocious.
I don't care that planetside is "a game about numbers", infact i even like being outnumbered, more challenging and more to shoot at (not to mention a small, free xp boost).
However there is a point where it just becomes a joke. There is barely ever any remotely even fight to be found. Usually two continents have overwhelming numbers on one side (50+%) and if you're lucky one continent has a somewhat acceptable population.
But as tr it was allways the same anyways: Ok numbers up to 8 pm, then all of a sudden numbers drop like a stone and the faction becomes more or less nonexistent (atleast on indar).
Vs is the opposite, which is why a vs player and me determined that tr is the faction of kids and vs is the faction of unemployed people.

Second, farming mentality.
I use to point out where enemy sunderers are located via regionchat. Now two things can happen: Either nothing, or i get told that "we know that, but it's a good farm". Then when you proceed to down the sundy, best outcome is your own team is pissed off silently. Worst outcome is you get fucking teamkilled. Great stuff.

Third, my faction consists of fucking morons now.
You can bet that if there is a remote facility, disconnected from the mainland, everyone will go there, losing all the other territories in the process. Getting back your own tech plant? Naaaah. Defending a base for an alert? No way man.
It doesn't even make any sense, i somewhat understood it during that joke of "WDS", but now? people flock to the most retarded bases aslong as they are disconnected from the mainland. The only "order" i saw during my playtime was someone ordering support for such a disconnected base, while the tech plant right next to it was being under assault and an amp station needed defense for an alert.
Nobody knows what they are doing, it is as if all the coordinated outfits have left the game and all that is left are either newbies or lonewolf farmers.

Am i just unlucky in my server/faction/continent/time of the day combination or is that really how PS2 is being played these days? Because, fuck me, that is depressing to witness.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion