Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-04-24, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RadioNails
Private

Graphics comparing video cards

I've been reading threads for week what kind of system runs PS. But here's a question: I have AthlonXP 1700+ with 512Mb of RAM and currently a GeForce2MX 32Mb.

I understand that I could buy top of the line card and get great graphics, but I'm not a millionaire so I need to make sure every penny is worth it. I'm also not a huge gamer, I just know I'll play a lot of PS.

I was simply wondering what kind of graphics card I would need to get the game with the details we see on the PS-U website screenshots in general with "tolerable" fps (ie not 120, more like 30), with the trees that look nice and everything... I was first thinking about simply buying a GeForce4MX but I'm afraid it might be too little. Would a Radeon 9100 do the trick?

So I'm not really looking for an answer like: "buy a radeon 9500 Pro" like in all the posts, I'm talking about what is worth it in terms of graphics. I don't want to play PS at 30fps with the graphics looking like quake3 on low details.....

Thanks for your opinion.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum