Welcome to vehicleside - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Computer Required.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-09-14, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Welcome to vehicleside

1. It wasn't a nerf it was a fix, and a needed one at that. As a Lightning pilot I could be hit by a Deci and literally have no chance to flee before the second one would hit me. The Pounder aside I also don't see it being a big issue with the ability to kill MAXs.

2. In my opinion the rearm pads/terminals are fine. On most continents (or maybe all, I forget) there is only one dropship center. That means only one side is going to have them. It also doesn't repair vehicles very fast. It's actually seems faster to get out and use a glue gun form what I've seen. It also doesn't help offense very much. It does give an advantage for defense but I'm more than ok with that. I've always thought there wasn't enough advantage given to defenders. And, again, you only get that advantage only if you have the dropship center for the continent you're on.

3. Why increase the Lib and Reaver timers? I have yet to see any problem with Liberators and reavers are definately not the threat they once were, especially if you have a couple people who are crusing around in a Skyguard. This just doesn't seem to be related to your main issues at all. It seems you're more concerned about the Deci fix and the running over of ground troops, neither of which are issues that affect air vehicles much.

4. Your AV mine idea I would have absolutely no problem with, in fact in your entire post I think it's the only thing I think I can totally agree with you on. As long as it is visible at all times I think it'd be a great idea.

5. Making all AV weapons common pool would certainly fix the balance issues, but I'd hate to see it happen. From my rather extensive experience as a Mosq, Lightning and Vanguard pilot there seems to be only a few issues with AV weaponry that hopefully will be addressed in the upcoming balance sweep. I won't go into them here because AV balance isn't the main issue but if you want to discuss them in another thread I'm all for it.

6. Most things lighter than a tank do slow down when they hit something. Hell running someone over in a harraser can be considered suicide in many cases. Even my Lightning loses a decent chuck of speed if I hit someone and there there's always the odd case where you try to the them over and end up flipping instead . I do however see many people using AMSs as battering rams and I agree it's kind of stupid, but screwiing with all vehicles seems a poor fix for that.

7. The Magrider being louder would be nice I do agree, but honestly it's not going to help with it mowing people down, especially if the driver is on a moderate to bad connection (300+ ping). Until data transfer on the web is nearly instantaneous or they change the hit detection to not be client-side Magriders will always be the bane of ground troops along with, to a lesser degree of course, the other Medium tanks and AMSs.

Also the Magrider most definately can not spin on a dime, not unless it's at a full stop in which case running people over isn't an issue (obviously ). It's strafing ability is also overrated. It doesn't really strafe all that fast. That said neither of those really matter when you're talking about it's ability to run people down. It isn't all that hard to line up infantry for any vehicle, especially if they don't see you coming.

8. Why should ejecting from an aircraft should take 3 seconds? In most cases this would totally nullify the usefullness of the ability to eject. Considering how low vehicles in PS fly if it took 3 full seconds to eject once you lose control there's almost no way you'd have a chance to eject before impact. Not only that but what problem this would be addressing?

9. I really don't see why only Standard armor should be able to fly air vehicles. I guess in this case as well I have to ask what problem would this be addressing?'

In closing I'm going to have to say I disagree with you on almost everything you've said, Doppler. It just seems to me the majority of the changes you suggested don't address any major problems with the game that I've seen or experienced. I honestly don't think a lone troop should have a very good chance of defeating any vehicle Lighting or bigger without some real thought going into his/her tactics. Mostly because vehicles are harder to get than any infantry weapon. I do think that 2-3 people should be able to engage vehicles without too much trouble assuming they have the correct certifications but I don't see a huge problem with that as it is.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion