Planetside Alpha server? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where STD's are like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you favor an ultraviolent Planetside server, despite balance issues?
Yes, implement this crazy idea 7 38.89%
No, and find your medication stat 8 44.44%
Maybe, if there was pie for all 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-09-21, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Planetside Alpha server?

Street Fighter Alpha was a version of Street Fighter where everything was faster and meaner, thus the title of this thread. Would you like to see a PlanetSide server for the most hard-core badasses in the game? This server would differ from a regular server in the following ways:

1) All damage would be increased by 35%, except in the case of grenades, which would increase in damage by 50%.

2) Splash radius for all splash effects would increase by 15%.

3) An implant slot would be gained every 4 levels. Stamina cost for implants would be reduced by 30%.

4) Certification costs would be reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1. Unlearning a certification would take one hour instead of the usual 24.

5) MAX armor would be doubled and their footspeed would be increased by 50%.

6) Troops could enter any empire's sanctuary if they controlled that sanctuary's connected continents, but could not deploy an AMS there, or capture sanctuary towers.

7) The length of time it takes to unholster a weapon would be cut in half, and the reload animation would double in speed.

8) The effective range of all weapons would increase by 30%.

9) The repair time for armor and terminals as well as the time it takes to revive/heal comrades would be 35% faster. The medical applicator would instantly activate the target's implants, and would heal stamina in addition to health.

10) Orbital Strikes would become available every 30 minutes to cr4 and cr5 players.

11) Cloakers would be completely invisible, no matter how fast they moved. They would also receive an extra pistol slot that can carry only a REK. Darklight would reveal them as usual.

12) When an ANT full of NTUs explodes, it does so with the force of a cr4 Orbital Strike.

13) Health packs heal a player to full health, but cannot be used while moving or with a drawn weapon.

14) The speed of all vehicles and missiles would increase by 50%.

15) Phalanx wall turrets would shoot the equivalent of Firebird missiles.

16) Jammer grenades would disable vehicle shields.

17) Carrying the LLU would inflict one health damage every 3 seconds to the carrier.

This is the kind of PlanetSide I'd like to play. I respect the fine-tuned balance of standard servers, because they are geared for people of all experience levels, but I think this kind of server would generate some amazingly rude battles. I posted this because I was bored, please direct all flames to \dev\null.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-09-21 at 01:12 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion