Do you consider the Jackhammer overpowered? (Balance whiners keep out) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where crotch stuffing is for protection not for show
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the following HA Weapons?
I think the Jackhammer is Overpowered 41 42.71%
I think the jackhammer is well balanced 35 36.46%
I think the jackhammer is underpowered 11 11.46%
I think the MCG is overpowered 15 15.63%
I think the MCG is well balanced 39 40.63%
I think the MCG is underpowered 10 10.42%
I think the Lasher is overpowered 13 13.54%
I think the lasher is well balanced 36 37.50%
I think the lasher is underpowered 16 16.67%
I think HA should be removed from the game entirely 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-12-24, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cyanide
Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
A point I'd like to make here... why is it a problem when an infantry guy can get more than 3 quick kills before dying?

HA did not introduce instagib into a game that has vehicular mowing, Reavers, 1-shot infantry kill tanks, orbital strikes for that mass instagib, boomers, Liberator bombers etc... there are dozens of ways to die quickly in this game. Pulling one out of the hat and blaming it for all the woes is just not right IMHO...

You can't compare an infantry weapon to vehicles and CR abilities. First off, the vehicles have to be purchased at a base and then driven to the battle. Even then they're usually destroyed fairly quickly (if the opponent knows what they're doing), at which point you have to buy another one and drive it all the way back to the fight. Not to mention the fact that most powerfull vehicles require 2 or more people to operate effectively, where as the jackhammer is a 1 man insta-gib weapon. Orbital strike not only requires a high CR rank, but it also has a very long timer on it and most infantry can run for cover or out of its radius before it actually goes off. On the other hand, the jackhammer can be purchased at any AMS, tower, or base terminal. You can also use a jackhammer inside where as all the things you mentioned are outside weapons only. I've never seen 2 guys clear a CC room with 4 defenders using a vangaurd or a reaver or an orbital strike, but i've seen it done with jackhammers and surge.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion