Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-01-08, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

So I tried watercooling

Ok well yesterday I decided to try out watercooling because all the fans were just driving me CRAZY.

So I started off by taking all the fans out of my case and off the video card, off the heatsink, and out of the powersupply. The PS fan was a hard one to get out I eventually just sort of smashed it a bit with a hammer and it popped out.

The most difficult part was sealing all the ventilation ducts with silicon, I covered up all the fan grills and caulked around the little openings on the sides and stuff.

So I was all set I had everything sealed off except one of the 5 1/2" drive bays so I took a garden hose that I had routed through the window from outside and stuck it in the drive bay, then turned on the hose and success!!!! no leaks. I let it fill up to just before it would spill out of the drive bay and turned the water off. It was really really heavy when I was moving it under the desk with all that water but it didn't bother me much because I didn't plan on moving it

Well I had everything ready so I plugged in the powersupply into the wall and before I could even hit the power button I heard a loud popping noise and all the lights went out.

I dunno the lights are back on but what possibly could have gone wrong?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum