Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-01-11, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Yea ram is your absolute necessaty for planetside play right now.

And i meant 1.5 from a literal point not a system one. because one gig can still leave you lagging cause of the system and xp using up enough to put the 900 mbs and the 100 or whatever, from the game and OS, over the 1gig from what ive heard. I was just saying 1.5gigs should literally put you past all your ram problem except in hte most extreme situation, aside from the reality of having 1.5 in your system.

But yea Get all the ram you can get. Atleast a gig if you really want to play. IF those numbers are rigth then you can support up to two 1024 sticks(1gig) for a total of 2048(2gigs). This leaves you the option of finding somewhat expensive single gig chips, if you can find some that are hte speed your comp can handle, which is confusing me right now cause i didnt know they had single gig chip capablities with PC100. But you can either get 2 single gig chips or one of htem, or get a paired 1gig that consists of 2 512ram chips (2x512) with dual channel if PC100 boards support that. Do they Rbstr?

The thing you have to worry about unless im wrong about what i just asked Rbstr is what speed ram you can support. IN which case you probly want the fastest you can afford. Wait is this even DDR? Either way you can get those size chips if what you said is true you just might not be able to dual channel them.

This is of course if you dont just put together a new comp.

Edit: Hows that I didnt use spelling or grammer??? you mean paragraphs?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-11 at 04:35 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum