Help with sniping.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sporks are better
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-02-03, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dyentious
Private

Help with sniping..

Heya everybody, I just started a sniper, but have been having some problems with getting into position.

It seems I spend 95 percent of my time trying to find a place to set up to snipe. I always want to get on top of hills or mountains, but find out that almost all of the mountains are too steep on all sides to actually get to the top. When I go for the smaller ones that I can actually get on, I am always either way to far away from any activity, or there is another hill, trees, etc in my way of actually having a line of fire.

Also, I have found that some continents have so much fog, that I basically have to be right next to a base to see anybody, especially if the base or fighting area is next to a body of water, forcing me to be on the side that everybody else is on.. and right in the heat of battle.
Some continents also seem to have very little hills or mountains at all, and the ones they DO have are wayy to steep to climb.

These things have irritated me to the point of almost wanting to give up sniping, because i spend all my time running around with no action cause I can't find a spot that gives me a line of sight. The only good places i've found to snipe are on the continents with a desert atmosphere.

Even still, when I DO find a good spot, the battles move from one place to another so fast that soon there is nobody left around to kill, or I have a million enemies passing right by me.

I always read that a sniper should take a few shots, move to a new position, take a few shots, move.. etc. HOW do they find that many spots to snipe from?
I have also heard that the surge implants lets you climb steeper inclines. Is this true?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion