any tips for less laggy experience before I uninstall? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Playing "catch" with a Vanguard shell. Not a good idea.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-03-13, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
teratravp
Corporal

any tips for less laggy experience before I uninstall?

Well, I d/l the trial last night. The performance is too lousy to play, huge harddrive thrashing, stutter every 5 secs, slideshow battles, etc...

I experimented with all the games graphics and sound options. little to no improvement at all between settings. I can be running this thing barebones in terms of features and something is still causing that hardly playable stutter to sneak in very frequently. no differences between control panel settings for my graphics, turning AA, AF that sort of thing on and off... no difference. the only thing that helped at all so far was that guy's at PS official tech forums reg edit. This gives me silky frames now, but only when it's not stuttering, which it is with extreme frequency still.

I'm curious mainly if any of you have known solutions for lag type issues that shouldnt be happening... I've been out of this game for a long time and haven't been following. my system is fine, 9500 pro o/c, athlon xp 2000, 512 ram... not uber mind you but more then sufficient to run this game... I'm on a clean install on win xp pro, no spyware, and every other game runs fantastic... plus like I said I can turn the settings low as hell here and the problem is identical... any ideas? cable internet and a router btw

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum