Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-03-25, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Vitter
Sergeant

Need Help Installing MB

Ok, so I got all my new PC parts and i'm putting them together. The new parts are the motherboard, processor, and RAM. The parts I already had are the CD-ROM, hard drive, video and sound card, power supply, and case.

All the parts I said were old were already in the PC.

I put in the ram chips (dual channel, i made sure they were in the right spot) and the processor (chip went in smooth and it's clamped tight). After that, I screwed in the MB (Asus P4C800-E Deluxe). From there I inserted the video card (Radeon 9800 pro) and sound card (SB Audigy).

At this point I started plugging everything in.

Power supply fan - check
Processor heatsink fan - check
Video card power - check
Jumpers - check
Little thingys that say "HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW, Speaker, Power LED" - check

After all that I attached the ribbon to the CD/ROM and attached it to the MB. Then I attached the ribbon to the hard drive and plugged it into the MB.

I started up my PC. It started booting but when it got to the part where it was checking for an IDE device it said something about "IDE", "Fast Track", and my Bios.

My father in law (who's helping me) said maybe we should put the hard drive ribbon into the RAID slot. We did that and it's recognized but no matter what we do we keep getting that sentence about IDE, Fast Track, and the Bios.

Does anyone know what we should do?

One thing I think I should put is that my last MB got fried and so I had no chance to wipe the Hard Drive.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum