RWR, Jammer Craft, and Wild Weasles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Houston, we have lunch break.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-04-04, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

RWR, Jammer Craft, and Wild Weasles

I think PS needs some serious attention in the area of flight. Im a dedicated pilot and some of the stuff in this game pisses me off.

1. AA maxs for NC and VS are vastly easyer to use than the Burster AA (and infinintly more effective at just scaring aircraft off let alone blowing them up)
2. There is no stratigic way of defeating a huge group of AA.
3. No one has any warning of lockable weapons.

Solutions

1. Add a RWR to all vehicles. RWR stands for Radar Warning Reciever. While its designed to detect enemy radar waves in this version it detects enemy guided weapons. (Phnx, Striker, AA maxs) If the enemy has their weapons set to guided (AA maxs switch from guided to unguided) they light up on RWRs. RWR shows a general position on the radar map (not very accurate, just a general idea)
2. Add a Jammer aircraft into the game that requires a crew of three. It slows down the lock time of enemy locking weapons and halvs the range of the phnx. The proximity explosive on the burster and skyguard will not detonate either, only direct hits will.(Modified liberator chasis)
3. Make the AA maxs unable to fire guided munitions at ranges under 25 meters. Also make them a little easyer to loose (although the easyer to loose missles may not be needed with counter measures soon coming).

The AA maxs should also all do the same amount of damage to infantry. The TR max got nerfed against infantry and does very little damage to them compaired to the other AA maxs. Why do the others get to do alot of damage and the TR maxs has to do a little. Nerf them all against infantry! The Burster Max also needs some kind of buff. I mean, guided missles vs flak? Whens the last time you saw the IDF using 88s to fend off scuds?

Latly ive been testing real world Wild weasle tactics against AA. It works against one or two but a huge number of people have AA max. Once a reaver is on station they all grab it. Not much you can do there. My goal is for my pilots to beable to clear an enemy base of AA in a single sweep. So far id say im around 50% on that goal. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 2004-04-04 at 10:57 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion