Liberator Chaff [New Idea] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-04-12, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrPaul
Major

Liberator Chaff [New Idea]

I was looking at Dopplers Air Hate thread, when I realised just how easy it is to hit a lib with a missile of some sort, as they go slow. So I started to think of ways to make this less of a problem.

Straight away I realised - chaff! If planes today use it, and submarines have used it for yonks, why would it not be used in the future? Liberators could be equipped with one or two pockets of chaff to disperse at the pilots will. Or one pocket of chaff and a few flares (to throw off heat seekers). This would help the liberators chances of survival against just ground troops (I mean, come on, in real life would 2 troops in some hills be able to take out a full strength bomber? Unlikely.

So what I propose is that each new Liberator come ready equipped with the chaff, but once it is used you can't get any more from RR terminals. This would mean that people would need to work as a team if they wanted to use/ fight off Libs.

Fighting Libs: You'd need proper air cover, so the mozzies or reavers could chaingun them to death.
Using: If you were going to go, and they were properly ready (ie with reavers and mozzies), there is no way you should go against them without a rear gunner (as so many libs do).

Now I know people will say "Oh but that gives the TR MAX an amazing advantage" and, while in some respects you're right, doesn't everyone have access to the skyguard? (Another teamwork building feature) And besides, other MAXes would be able to hit them when a: the lib ran out of chaff or b: it has a crap pilot. (read: uncoordinated)

As a former Lib pilot and TR MAXer, I think this would liven the game up, make it slightly easier to do more than runs on a base with a Vanu AA MAX.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion