Recertification Credits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll just refresh one more time, I'm sure they replied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-04-15, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Recertification Credits

I�d like to see a system of �credits� put in place to govern how certifications can be forgotten to be relearned. I�m thinking of a credit system that would work as follows:

Every 24 hours you get 1 credit. You can accumulate up to say 8 (which would allow a complete re-certification of the character) of these credits before hitting your credit limit. Each credit is good for one �forget� and you can use these at any time. In your character information screen I�d add a simple credit counter to show the number of available credits or retraining vouchers.

Why implement this you ask? Because the current system makes it a chore in some cases to re-cert your character. Let�s say for example you have a heavy grunt with rexo and heavy weapons filling all of your certification slots. Now what if you want to re-cert to become a cloaker/support guy? You have to log on each day at about the same time, unlearn one certification, and repeat this process for a week or so before you can fully play the role you want to.

Also, what about those of us that can only play on weekends or who have to take business trips and can�t play for days or weeks at a time? I think it would be nice to return to a re-cert option.

This would add more flexibility to players and add more fun to the game. Say you have an outfit with lots of fighters and a few dedicated support guys. What do you do when your support guys can�t play at a particular time? Does everyone have to sacrifice their desired cert build to get support certs? Or would it be nicer is one guy could spend his credits and re-cert completely to fill the needed support role?

This would also alleviate the tedium of doing the same old thing all the time. Most players who have cert builds to play a specific role are dreading changing as you are usually stuck in this less than desirable cert build during your week long transition period waiting to re-cert on the one-a-day plan.

Will this allow flakey players to constantly re-cert at will? No, you still �earn� only 1 re-cert per day. It just makes this re-certification process less painless.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion