Jaged's Guide to ATV - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with 50% less smut!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-04-15, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Jaged's Guide to ATV

I have heard countless people complain about how useless the ATV cert is. For someone reason, no one takes the time to really look at this cert for what it is worth. People complain that the armor is too low and the guns are too weak. While these arguments do have truth, ATV is far from useless.

First lets look at the Basilisk. The primary use of the Bassy is to take a Rexo grunt from point A to point B. Assuming you know how to avoid mines, this vehicle does an excellent job of that. It is the fastest land vehicle and the fastest vehicle in the game that carry Rexo. The secondary use for the bassy is in combat. Yes, the basilisk can be a potent weapon if used correctly. This is not a smash and grab job like vanguard driving. Using a bassy in combat takes other skills. First, don't run head first into combat expecting to last more then 10 seconds. Park yourself on the edge of a battle. Use the accuracy of its cannons to your advantage. You would be surprised how fast those suckers can tear through Rexo at range. If anyone decides to come after you, use your speed to your advantage and get out of there. You can survive almost all counter attacks that way. You may think that sitting still in a Bassy like that makes you deci bait. However, if you are far enough away from the battle you should be able to see the rocket coming and get out of the way. Most people don't consider your Bassy a threat and will leave you alone in pursuit of more immediate targets.

Now lets look at the Wraith. Obviously you should only use the Wraith if you are a cloaker. While the Wraith lacks the guns of the Bassy, it allows you to become very hard to see. You will not become invisible unless stopped. It is important that you realize this. The key to using the Wraith is to drive at 1-3% speed in any situation where you might be seen. This allows you to move as fast or faster then you would be able to while running while maintaining the visibility of a crouch walk. I am tired of n00bs blasting through a battle on a wraith at full speed and complaining that they only last seconds.

As for the switchblade, don't use it. If you have found a way to use it that you please tell me because it seems useless to me. The Bassy out preforms it in both speed and firepower.

Obviously, with any ATV you must learn to avoid mines. They will take you out in one hit even if you have a full shield. This is annoying at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to.

I hope this guide clears up any ideas that ATV is useless. If properly implemented, Bassys can be a potent force on the battlefield. A Wraith is the fastest and quietist way for a cloaker to insert himself into enemy territory. Together, for only 2 cert points, this is a steal.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion