Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-05-24, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
My Fiasco and Success Today

Today when i got home form school i found a geat surpirze, the 2.8ghz CPU i had colabrated with Electro to get!

SO i open it up put it in and all the other CPUy type thingys. And Turn it on, go thoguth the BIO setting changes, and boot windows. It gets thoguth but it tries to instal multithreading CPU drivers and tells me to restart, i do so.

then th fun part starts, it get ghtouh all the BIOS stuff and get to the point were the windows logo shoudl be and 'lo, it just stoped doing anything, i turn it off and one a couple f times,then dig out my Windows CD, i get into recovery mode, and try redoing the MBR and othe boot thigns but it does not work so i do a chkdsk, and it says "This hardrive has one or more unrecoverable errors" i go "WTF" So i restart with the CD and go into setup wer ethere is a habdy recovery install, but it turns out my XP was so fucked that it had to basicaly replace all of the windows files taking nearly an hour.

Anyway, now i have to redo a ton of tweaks and things and i can't remember were i found them all so i need your guyses help. for a couple of things

The list of programs that can be turned off in Windows
The 512-advanced-2 theme, though i'm PMing enie about that
A set of drivers for an Avermedia TV Studio Card

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum