Assault Buggies - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not just a Power Supply Unit anymore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2005-03-22, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Assault Buggies

I've been thinking alot about assault buggies lately and their role in PS. Frankly I've noticed that no one ever seems to pull them, for one obvious reason

Assault Buggy - 3 points
Armored Assault 1+2 - 3 points

Why drive buggies when you can get badass MBT tanks? Theres pretty much no scenario where a buggy is favored over a tank, well, when you are forced to get them when tech plant is down. But even then very few people carry the cert.

I very frequently drive a fully crewed marauder with my outfit, the thing is a total beast, we've been able to topple magriders on a good day. Lightning - well, what doesn't own the lightning =P Even a BFR when I was able to circle him long enough. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, I'm not trying to.

I've seen Enforces and Threshers in action, Threshers totally plow infantry, and enforces make short work of most armour if they can stay out of harms way themselves. All the empire specific buggies are very powerful weapons, but no one drives the things.

A change is definetly needed in the certification of them, I can think of two decent solutions,

1: Stop clustering them with the Skyguard and Harasser, or offer it alone for a lower cost.

2: Simply lower the cost of Assault Buggy cert to 2 points. Ground Transport is 2 points, and for those two points you get the amphibious Deliverer and everyones favorite deliverer variant, total monsters on wheels, plus the bangbus. Thats 3 vehicles for 1 cert, same deal as assault buggy yes?

Last edited by Jeffey; 2005-03-22 at 08:19 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion