Resource Collection and Self Interest - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Meet the king.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-17, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Resource Collection and Self Interest

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
Lighnting with all the bells and whistles.*** if you certed it. and as I try to point out. there is a BIG difference. Shooter players do not like dealing with money/etc bullshit. that's why shooter games that do have a "cap" that one can work for. once you hit this cap you can stop worrying about bullshit stuff like grinding. as you have access to everything.

Planetside had it, battlefield has it, CoD has it.

with rebuying bullshit there would be a forever grind, you'd never be able to reach the point where you can fully enjoy the game without really worry about "bullshit"

we are talking a BIG difference between RPG players and shooter players.

Edit: I feel the need to explain this better. MMORPGs are boring as shit. there-for a forever grind is needed to keep the game going and exciting. FPS games are backwards to this. Shooters are exciting to play and as such shooter players want to get the grind out of the way as soon as they can so they never have to deal with the bullshit again, understand?
Thats a mighty big brush you're painting with. I would be ecstatic if tomorrow they announced that battle ranks and cert training times are going away, and I quite like the idea that you'll have to manage your resources, as well as the fact that it gives something to fight over specific areas of land for.

Btw, counterstrike has buying stuff. I've heard thats fairly popular.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-07-17 at 12:13 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion