HA, what do we do with you? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you don't know what an FPS is, save yourself the trouble.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-20, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ranik Ortega
Staff Sergeant

Re: HA, what do we do with you?

Originally Posted by Treerat View Post
What was the effective difference between the Cycler and the MCG? Ammo capacity. Sweeper and Jackhammer? Rate of fire increase and ammo capacity. Decimator and Phoenix? Guidance and ammo capacity. One version of the Lasher and it's improved version (which spawned MUCH moaning and hand-wringing by TR and NC)? Removing minimum range for lashes, small upgrade in lash damage and ammo capacity. Heck the difference between a Punisher's grenade launcher and the Rocklet Rifle & Thumper? Could it be.... ammo capacity? I think I made the trend pretty clear.

Adding extra ammo capacity can have a BIG impact on how effective a certain weapon stacks up against other weapons. It increases the amount of kills possible and likely before having to reload, it decreases the impact of misses on the outcome of a fight, and it can turn a weapon that would usually be reserved for special targets (ex. HALO's rocket launcher) such as armored vehicles into a "use it against everything" weapon. All simply by affecting how often the weapon can be used.

That is partially why I reacted so strongly there. Tinkering with ammo capacity, even though it would make a solid concept for a weapon modification, can have some serious impact game balance. Someone having access to to different weapons can be a far less troublesome problem because the weapon can then be added, removed, buffed, or nerfed without seriously impacting a weapon that is already balanced.
Hmm its an accessory which i suggested be restricted to HA class players using a MA rifle. Its not prevalent on ALL weapons.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion