Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All your planetside are belong to us!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-09-22, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
im not arguing for the sake of arguing. im arguing because i know the devs read forum feedback and im trying to give clear concise statements about how i think it is a bad idea. and it is a bad idea.

-single man tanks with heavy firepower allows for tank spam, ruining infantry combat outdoors. the number of tanks will be doubled and tripled, and might even outnumber infantry.
-> Terrain and structures.
-being able to solo such power tanks makes drivers lose team cohesion and decrease teamwork, in a game where teamwork is vital
-> Power balance in beta. If teamwork is vital, it will be used.
- the unique sense of comeradery and intensity with gunning with other players is lost
-> Still will have secondary gunners
- being able to single man battle tanks eliminates need for light tanks and light vehicles. why drive a three man buggy when you can drive a solo killing machine?
-> Smaller, faster, and more manueverable, just like the enemy Migs -Top Gun
- at least reaver has low hp. a tank has high firepower and high hitpoints. it will be used extensively for farming infantry, which ruins gameplay.
-> Wouldn't change even with dedicated drivers
Trite responses in red

I know those sound rude, and I honestly am not trying to be rude. I can totally see why you don't like it. I'm not a fan of it either. I just don't think it's gamebreaking. Even though I tend to use quite a bit of hyperbole myself, I just think the point is better expressed if you don't ignore some basic things.

The maps arn't going to be all salt flats. Also, right now in PS1, 1 solo AV infantry can turn away multiple MBTs. It's way too early to criticize damage balance.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion