Take note, CEP exp across th board info from SJ. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where women are worshipped
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-02-27, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Clarifications:

BEP and CEP aren't devided among the people in the platoon/squad. They're multiplied.

If I'm on my own, and I cap a guy worth 170 (a number I pulled from one of the screen shots), I get 170.

If I'm in a squad of 10, and I cap that same guy, WE ALL GET 170 (within some fixed distance of me). Multiplied.

Same deal with CEP. If my squad caps a base, I get 100 CEP (just to pull a number out of the air). If I'm in a platoon, and someone else caps that base, all the commanders get 100 CEP (again, within some distance).

So any suggesting of giving away X% of the BEP you would have otherwised earned would be adding a totally new mechanism to BEP distribution.

If a Galaxy pilot wants BEP, squad up with the gunners, and be sure to provide covering fire once your passengers have left.

From one of the Gamespot videos, it looks like the gunner positions have close to a 180 degree field of fire... so a pilot should be able to overlap the tailgunner and a side gunner on whatever target they feel should be fired on.

I'm guessing Galaxies have UNBELIEVABLY HUGE trunks. Lots of ammo. LOTS. All you need to do is plant that sucker where it's gunners can do some damage and keep the galaxy in good repair. 20mm slugs are no joke. We have 20mm GRENADE LAUNCHERS now. 20mm slugs with a high rate of fire are going to Blow Stuff Up Real Good.

I wouldn't be suprised to find that if a galaxy and a vanguard got in a straight-out slugging match, the galaxy would win (with the overlapping field of fire thing). Maybe not, but my money's on the Galaxy. Sure, 150mm shells are going to HURT, but a Galaxy will be able to take a serious beating. I'm expecting them to actually be tougher than the heavy tanks.

So I don't think galaxy pilots will be short on BEP. Quite the opposite.

FURTHERMORE, it's entirely possible that you won't see many fully crewed Galaxies. That "15" number is only for TR with their buggy. Without a vehicle in the hold, that number becomes 12. So if a whopping 2 passenger spots are empty, you've got a full squad, pilot included. So once you've reached your destination, everyone bails, and away you go. Pilot first, grunt second.

AND FINALLY: If all you want to do is ferry people around in a Galaxy, you don't need BEP. All you need is a Galaxy cert (and maybe engineering). So why even care?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion