Planetside 24-7 a community based idea. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide, keeping men single since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-12-28, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Planetside 24-7 a community based idea.

Hello all,

Finally I have bucked up the courage to give you all some information on my idea... Planetside 24-7!.

The big idea!

Ok we will start by talking about Planetside 24-7 in general.

The idea behind PS24-7 is to provide a rich gaming entertainment channel (all community created) wich is a colaition of 4 gaming channels in total and all with archives hosted on YouTube. From here we can stream live PS2 content to the masses, and I know a few people say "I would rather play the game than watch it" but from my point of view entertaining people is a forsight here, it wouldn't just be people streaming their games, it will be people streaming for a reason... a reason to entertain!, there will be more on this later.

24-7 will be attempting to stream 24 hours a day 7 days a week hense the name, but the name can also have a duel meaning of "you can access PS2 conetent 24-7" . Although this may be slow at first im more than sure a game like Planetside 2 can deliver more than enough gaming content for this to take place. Infact I already think we have enough content to provide a good amount of this, we just need to put what we have into video form. For example, pictures, videos (of any of the pictures), AGN (if Hamma wants to take part in that way), community created videos - like the podcasts etc, outfit promotional/recruitment videos, music and image videos, music in general, the list can go on for some time.

Main Goals.

The main goal of Planetside 24-7 is to one day become a rich gaming experiance for any person/gamer, and to further promote Planetside 2. It can also act as a place where any PS2 gamer - new or old can come for many things. Maybe to find tutorials, score boards, outfit wars, hero nights (following the top PS2 gamers for a few hours), tips, tricks, info on the best outfits and much more!

Another goal is to keep the game alive. At first I think Planetside 2 will be huge, especially with it being free to play. but in my eyes making it even bigger will benefit all who play, keeping the poulations up for a time period - well after SOE's 3 year plan.
I would like to make this game as big as StartCraft 2 for community content and I know you do to!, and have a player base as close to WOW (world of warcraft) as we can. I know my 1 idea might be aiming a bit high, but im asking for the help of this community right here right now. Help from the PSU community. Even if this "idea" creates 1 new player on PS2, or recruits 1 player to a given outfit, then we have won.

Old content.

As Planetside 2 is still not in its beta I would imagine we have a few months of gathering current PS1 (planetside 1) gaming content to help build our streaming time up. Why forget the origonal game, we all have so many memories within it, to date it is still my most favourite game of all time. And there is nothing like a bit nostalgia!

The Channels

Good news!

They have already been created! - created on the large gaming channel Twitch TV and each channel has an archive on YouTube, (I will provide links at the end of this post). This is also the reason for the delay on getting info to you folks, I needed all this in place to make sure the channels where free and under controll before making this thread.

Channel name/archive

Planetside 2 (TwitchTV) & Planetsde 247 (YouTube)

ES channels (Empire Spacific)

VanuSovereignty (TwitchTV) & VanuSovereignty247
TerranRepublic (TwitchTV) & TerranRepublic247
NewConglomerate (TwitchTV) & NewConglomerate247

Why so many channels?

The idea behind creating so many channels is this. To give the viewer a choice. Why have 1 channel streaming it all? When we can have 4 channels and a much wider choice of content for the viewer.

I will give you an example of what the channels may be streaming on one night (say Saturday Night Outfit Wars!! ).
Imagine - we are streaming a 3 way outfit war on Auraxis. And please also bare in mind we will use only good sporting outfits for these nights!, we will not use screen watching outfits.

NC Outfit = WASP INC
VS Outfit = Xen of Onslaught
TR Outfit = Black Widow Company

The goal here is for the NC or TR to take "base A" from the VS in 3 hours.
(this is an example only)

Planetside 2 (stream)

Commentary on this channel, switching between the other ES channels (this is possible I have checked, but not sure on the workings yet!), giving a greater viewing experience.

VanuSovereignty (stream)

Streaming from a chosen outfit player with the cababilities to do it.
Viewing from the VS Outfit, a playing within the outfit could stream to our channel. Giving feedback on how they are doing, plans tactics etc etc.

TerranRepublic (stream)

"

NewConglomerate (stream)

"

Now how cool would it be in a PS2 gamer just got in from work, and just didnt have the energy to play, so he could kick back and watch this outfit war unfold, also having the option to take a look from any perspective he chose weather he be a NC player, TR or VS. I personally know I would love the ability to do this.

More on the channels.

To provide a good amount of content all the channels could act as a viewport for many things.

Planetside 2 (stream)
Hub of our PS2 content. All empires and videos can be streamed here. Also if we have an outfit war, we could have commentary on this channel, switching between the other ES channels, giving a greater viewing exsperience.

VanuSovereignty (VS stream)

All VS coinetnt can go here. tutorial on weapons, vehicles, other things around the the gaming world. We can also have player submitted content, such as kill streaked, wow moments, how to kill the other empire information, art work, music, outfit promotional videos, news, the list is endless.

TerranRepublic (TR stream)
All TR content.

NewConglomerate (NC stream)
All NC content.

Prizes**(edit)

What would a competition be without some sort of prizes? I will personally put some of my own cash into this to get it of the ground and I will personally support, from my own bank account. All helping to make their exsperience of Planetside 2 a greater one!

Website

A quick note about the website. I would prefere to keep all the content regarding a website here at Planetside Universe, but as I dont want to clog up the forums with this idea we have a spare website, for if things go beyond our limits here at PSU (link provided at end of post).

>>>>>>>Also if Hamma could create a forum dedicated to 24-7 here on these forums, and maybe make me a mod of that forum (for html and other benefits) I would give my "word" that it would not be abused in any way! This would benefit PSU in keeping the forums clean. And if 24-7 or myself do anything the staff dont like, then its just one click and its all gone.

Yes Hamma thats me asking for a forum for this pretty please!! with loads of kisses etc etc!!

Your help

On my own this idea seems a huge task, and to be fair on myself I already think i have made a good start on it. But I havn

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-01-03 at 04:46 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion