IMO KillCam killing the Game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long do you think a Teletuby would last?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: KillCam in Planetside2?
No-Go 198 72.53%
No Problem 75 27.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-02, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: IMO KillCam killing the Game

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Yes, decent snipers will, very often, try and find a better spot than the gaggle of snipers sitting directly opposite the enemy. Generally any spot other than where the gaggle of snipers congregate is a better spot than where the gaggle of snipers are, because there aren't a gaggle of snipers there.
Sure they will. Probably even score a few kills too, before being seen and taken out/driven off.

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Did you watch either of the videos posted in the "Making Snipers useful." thread? Most people don't pay attention to their hit indicators and tracers in the way you're describing. That's why they were able to sit where they were and do their thing for as long as they did.
In almost all of them he was either seen very shortly after shooting and fire was returned. In most of the ones where he wasn't seen, its because there was a bunch of other things right near him(i.e. in the gaggle/on top of the base defending/etc). The ones where it was just him and another person.. the target saw.

And even if you are seen fire may not be returned. I rarely certed sniper rifles. If I got sniped, I stayed in cover. I knew where it was coming from, I just lacked the tools or the will to take care of it, because snipers were not a very big concern. Its an anti infantry unit in an area where vehicles largely dominate infantry anyway.

Most do pay attention. Finding an annoying sniper was never an issue. Snipers are just not the biggest threat, and don't rate dropping everything to go take care of. If they are by themselves, they will be taken care of shortly.

I don't care one way or the other about kill cams, I can take em or leave em. I would love to see them do an experiment in beta. 1 day, kill cams on. Next day, kill cams off. I'm very curious what the difference in K/D ratios would be. My surmise is not very different.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-02-02 at 10:48 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion