Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's whats for Lunch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-20, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
FFS TLDR. Probably... depends.. I'm drunk but unbroken at the moment.

Tank drivers acting as the gunner. This is okay...... Besides COD and BF1 2 and 3.... many other games have cloned this.
None of those games have 2000 potential tankers per map. Games like BF and CoD have limitations to the extend you may not even drive one at all in a match. Comparing PS2 with explicit details of a bigger balancing system of those games is... kinda shortsighted. Tbh.

"In Command & Conquer NOD had nukes, so it's fine to use it in PlanetSide as an alternative to the OS, since CR5s already have the GDI Ion Canon!".

See what I did there? Comparing to a detail of the balancing system from the context of another game isn't always a recipy for success. Far from it.

S T F U...... If the fuckers that get PAID to do this every fucking day deem this a good idea in accordance with the game they are creating... Then SO be it...
Stop voicing your opinion first. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, though if you want to hold a debate with them, you better bring good arguments.

For some reason this thread and many others like it have gone to extents that far exceed their life in value because of debate that makes absolutely no sense. Us as gamers get it, we understand what WE want and understand the flaws WE see in Planetside 1. None of us completely agree on everything (except music ...)
Wait. We agree on music? Cool, orchestrated Zelda music it is!

*cough*

The point I'm trying to make it is, how many other communities have gotten together on a fan site like this and really shown interest to the point the DEVELOPERS get on and talk to us, like really talk to us, bullshit with us, listen to us..

None.
>_______________>

Including myself as one who has bashed SOE for some of the STUPID assed things they have done, I have faith in them this time. This time IS different.
It's only different if they on one hand listen to the players for feedback and then make their own evaluation using the whole picture and then make the right decision (which may or may not always agree with the players).

Problem with players is they may or may not always be right. Which goes for everyone, yours trully included.

So lets stop bitching about the AMS being gone, the MAX unit possibly getting a flame thrower, the lack of buggies, no free form inventory, class specific soldiers, instaknives, no artillery, MBTs being primarily operated by the gunner, the cash shop, the PC gamer beta key and cloakers getting sniper rifles...

SOE is going to do what SOE wants to do and I really believe they Will do it right this time.
Could you tone down fanboy mode? Nobody ever got better without getting constructive critique. Shutting off critique will be your own undoing. Both pure fanboying PS1 or fanboying PS2 as it arrives in beta will be PS2's downfall.

Critique should be constructive and well-argued, but most of all provided. The specific applications of AMS, MAX and other things are typically constructively argued and based on past experience, but, especially when they include warnings, should always be evaluatied and verified during beta. If these claims are correct, then SOE should rectify them. If not, fair game.

Only when it's a bash post for the sake of bashing or someone makes consistently verifiably stupid posts a 'STFU' is justified. Critique and listening to good critique on the other hand should be stimulated to ensure quality. STFU and blind faith lead to unrefined quality: they're only human.

Without critique an artist would never feel the need to surpass stick figures. Both conservation and innovation aimed critiques have their place. Innovation for the sake of innovating is as stupid as conserving something that's outdated for a new context. Everything needs to be fine tuned. Nothing is more important for a dev than to hear views from as many different angles as possible, especially if it disagrees with them next to the pat on the back for a job well done.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion