Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-03-04, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Kinda funny

This is a kinda funny artical I found:

His Holiness Pope John Paul II smokes marijuana, according to a T-shirt owned by Watsonia apprentice baker, Glen Bridie, 21.

The T-shirt, which has a worn hole on the right shoulder, may be used as evidence in a trial that would shake modern Catholicism to its very core should Watsonia police decide to persue the matter.

While Mr Bridie denies having smoked marijuana with the man millions of Catholics believe to be the earthbound incarnation of God, the message on Mr Bridie's T-shirt makes a strong case for the Pope's conviction.

The T-shirt reads, 'I like the Pope. The Pope smokes dope' and was purchased by Mr Bridie while hungover at the Victoria Market almost eight years ago. Mr Bridie says he is unsure as to the reliability of the information on the T-shirt and claims that he 'barely remembers buying [the item].'

'No shit,' he said, 'I must've had money burning a hole in my pocket that day. I think I just bought it, got a few laughs, and now just throw it on whenever there's nothing else clean.'

When asked how often he thought the Pope may have smoked marijuana, Mr Bridie seemed to withhold information.

'How would I know?' he said. 'I'm not even a Catholic. I've never met the guy. I haven't even been to Greece or whatever.'

An Australian spokesperson for the Vatican, Fr Tristan Pierce, told reporters that it is highly unlikely that the Pope has ever touched marijuana or any other illegal substances since becoming Pope in 1978.

'I think his Holiness is high on the love of the lord, plus anti-depressants, one or two Alzheimer's medications a lot of the time. His busy schedule would not lend itself to any further substances.'

However, Internet publisher Mazzio Panozzo of www.realVatican.com is relieved that the truth is finally being revealed.

'I knew the first time I saw that T-shirt in Roma that JP2 had some skeletons in the closet. Mostly with a Pope it's the little boys. But this is big. Then again, for years I've been telling anyone who'll listen - JP2 is one radical dude.'

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge