Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genre - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Would you like fries with that?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-08, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Why K:D, Deaths, streaks and other stats are bad, and how PS2 can evolve the genr

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
Ok so one last reply to this thread. Well no I don't think that the K/D tracking brings an actual benefit to the game per se, but I don't feel like the negative effects are anywhere close to what you guys fear they will be. Was PS1 unplayable all of a sudden when they patched in the K/D bar? I didn't notice a difference at all to be honest.

I guess I can only speak for my self here, but keeping K/D in mind doesn't stop me from going for objectives. I might not be the one who always places the charges in BF3 rush mode, or the one who is the first one to blindly enter a tunnel, but that doesn't mean I don't support my team. Carefull/passive playstyle =/= selfish playstyle.
What is emphasised in game won't affect experienced players, they already know what to do, they already know how they're supposed to be playing. With new players however they learn a game based on what appears to be emphasised to them as how they're supposed to be playing. Therefore, emphasis on how they should play should be where this is focused, and that is on the goal - taking Auraxis.

I guess it's a "the way is the goal" or "the goal is to reach the goal" kind of thing.
Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com

Last edited by Skitrel; 2012-03-08 at 11:55 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion