Things I will miss in PS2 from PS1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Killing fans since October 02'
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-13, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tialian
Corporal

Things I will miss in PS2 from PS1

Vehicle Enter and Exit animations

Why?
They add a lot of immersion to the game. Seeing people saddle up by jumping into a Marauder, hoping into a Mosquito/Reaver cockpit, or even seeing a squad run out and load up in a Gal. It gives the player the sense that they are actually in the game. Hopefully this is reconsidered during alpha/beta.

Tank driver/gunner combo (also goes for aircraft)

Why?
These machines are powerful and have the capability to easily kill in one shot. No one should have this ability by themselves. Not to mention trying to drive away and shoot behind you is nearly impossible (leave that to the less powerful Lightning). Powerful vehicles should require teamwork. Period.

Music

Why?
PS1 music was epic, I particularly like a desert track that started with trumpets then mellowed out into a melody that gave the sense of a never ending struggle. Hope they are even better in PS2.

These are just the first things that come to mind. I just hope they don't take my favorite game of all time and flush it down the Battlefield route. Some things in BF are nice, but many things don't belong in a game like PlanetSide that takes pride in teamwork over rambo's.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion