The Reddit Q&A Makes Me Nervous - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Im not a whore! Ive never even had sex!?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-25, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: The Reddit Q&A Makes Me Nervous

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Honestly most of the problems didnt really exist. They dont want sancs, so they put up 3 on every single cont? Clearly sancs werent a problem. They function exactly the same as the old ones, just now you have a ton of em instead of just one per faction. Seriously, before you flew(or drove) out of the sanc through a wg to your target cont from the corner wg, now you fly out of your wg sanc from teh corner, the only difference is the loadtime between the gates, thats meaningless for "speeding up gameplay." And all the issues those permanent uncapturable things cause far outweigh that negligible load time elimination.
I don't think Sanctuaries were a "problem" per se, but there was certainly room for streamlining and improvement.

We don't need a whole separate zone. It's more than just about the loadtime. For example, your outfit wants to organize for a raid during a major battle to help turn the tide, so you all zone out and go to the Sanc to rally and load up. You get your whole raid all set and your target picked out, head to the warpgate ready to kick some ass when OH WAIT that continent is pop locked. You gotta wait for 50 spots to open up or go fight somewhere else. THAT is a problem.

Now without a separate zone, you can still rally up and get your raid ready in the safety of a no-fire zone, but not have to worry about any problems getting back to the fight that you want.

Also, uncapturable footholds are absolutely no different than the warpgates in Planetside 1. Every empire always had access to 3 continents. Planetside 2 is launching with 3 continents. A rose by any other name is still a rose. The only difference is the ability to capture territory instead of just bases which I think is a HUGE improvement to the base hopping system of Planetside 1.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion