New Research Says That Analytic Thinking Decreases Religious Beliefe - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and teh pimp hat! Oh YEAH!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-15, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: New Research Says That Analytic Thinking Decreases Religious Beliefe

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
And? That can be said about anything, not just religion. So, why does religion matter? You'll never change anyone's beliefs, so just give up. This is pointless bickering... I don't even see why I read these threads. There are much more important things to be discussing, such as drunk drivers. They're much more annoying and important an issue than this.
What we believe, and how those beliefs shape our society, could be argued as the only conversation truly worth having if all you can have is one. It cuts to the core of what we are, who we are, and what we do.

Religious thinking is the source of a great deal of controversy, disagreement, and global suffering. Perhaps not as pronounced in this country (unless you're a homosexual, you could probably cruise through life not even noticing) but around the world it is a major problem. People die over this stuff. People kill over it.

To simply throw up your hands and declare it unimportant, well, that's your choice. The door's over there, I'm sure you can see yourself out. But if you want to have an opinion, let's hear it. You did read what this forum is called, yes?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum