Aircraft Flares - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: open this end
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-19, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Aircraft Flares

I've noticed a lot of people talking about the flares on aircraft, and whether the universal launcher will have the same reload time as the refresh on the flares.

I propose a fix to this.

For those of you who haven't played ARMA, they have a flare system where you start with a set amount (let's say 30) and they have a chance of warding off enemy missiles. The more you use, the more likely you are to survive.

The system would work something like that. Obviously, you can't have a large amount of flares to where you can just keep spamming them, but I'd say 30-50 would be a good amount per aircraft.

This way, your missile still has a chance to hit the aircraft. It also prevents the badly implemented faster refresh of flares compared to AA launchers. It's fair for both sides... the aircraft's flares don't recharge but there isn't a delay on using them, and the infantry still has a chance of hitting the target.

Thoughts?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion