Planetside 2 - ESport? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You'd rather read these quotes than play PlanetSide?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-30, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xaine
Major

Planetside 2 - ESport?

We've glazed over this before a few times, and Mr Higby as large Esports fan has even contributed very actively to our discussions on this. I don't think its ever had its own thread however.

What about adding an Esport component to Planetside 2. Something akin to clan matches in other games. Outfit vs Outfit with a ranked ladder for bragging rights, competitive community building smack talking fun.

Now, obviously the biggest issue with this is it retracting from the main game. So maybe make one day a month, or every two weeks a clan match day. Ranking to be done in which ever way is assumed as best by the Devs. A ladder or a rating like WoW Arena. Whatever.

This game, i think, has a massive amount of potential to be a great Esport. 50 vs 50 with all the vehicles included. The amount of teamwork and co-ordination would be amazing, and would be a brilliant thing to watch.

There is no game that has this sort of diversity with unit types, and no game that can support battles this large, and so no game that really has an upper ceiling for teamwork and coordination as high as this one, just because of the amount of people there would be.

If anyone can reply, and tell me a battle of 50v50, or 100v100 with AirCav, Tanks, Galaxy Drops, people playing support, medic, infiltrators, maxes... All working together wouldn't be the most insane thing to watch, then i think you're crazy. Or lying.

Obviously this would be a post launch thing, but i think it would really bring something new to the E-sports scene that hasn't been seen before at all.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion