MAX Style Inconsistencies / Feedback - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait stop! Dont shoot, let me read my private message.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-07, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

MAX Style Inconsistencies / Feedback

The MAX weapons seem a bit off in terms of how they map to empire characteristics.

Lets look at the ES MAX weaponry.

AI:
- TR Cycler, 50 round magazine
- NC Scattercannon, 3 round magazine
- VS Quasar, 50 round magazine

AV
- TR Pounder, 3 round magazine
- NC Falcon, 7 round magazine
- VS Comet, ??? (I don't know, I didn't look at the comet to see if there was an issue, I'll edit in once I learn it)

So what's the problem? On the AI front, what seems odd to me is the VS AI gun, because it has the same capacity as the TR Cycler. I would expect the Cycler to be the AI MAX weapon with the most ammo because it has the fastest firing rate. As far as I could tell I could see no difference between the fire rate of the Quasar and the Cycler. It seemed like the ES characterstics for these two weapons were simply missing. I would expect the Quasar to have a slower rate of fire, be a bit more accurate, and have a magazine size in the 30-40 range (matching the lower rate of fire).

On the AV front, NC and TR look bass ackwards. Why does the pounder only have 3 shots while the falcon has 7? This seems neither correct for the NC, nor correct for the TR. I expect the TR to have more rounds and a higher fire rate than the NC, and I expect the NC to have fewer rounds and do more damage per shot than the TR. Sort of like how the Scattercannon is. The Scattercannon looks right to me. It's powerful, it has a nice tight spread, but it isn't fast and can only fire 3 shots before reloading. That looks to be exactly how the Pounder behaves, which is uncharacteristic of TR.

Also, a few more MAX comments regarding models/animations;

1) The run animation for the TR MAX looks really goofy with arms flailing about. Maybe reel that in a bit?

2) The VS MAX is difficult to discern from a heavy assault due to its shape. I had no problem identifying NC and TR MAX, but the VS max was hard to differentiate from infantry. It needs to be a little bulkier or have a more easily defined shape so it can be clearly recognized as a MAX and not HA.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion