Continent shape, geography, barriers and (mental) influence on territory held. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look out! You're boss is right behind you!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-10, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Continent shape, geography, barriers and (mental) influence on territory held.

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
Interesting, I like that mock-up, all numbers equal up to the total continental sum? If so, they may just be down playing the potential population capacity.

Very interesting...
It all adds up to 1863, so there would still be room for 137 more players, but close enough. I doubt will see 2000 player poplocks 24/7, or else something is seriously wrong.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I'd like to say that the zerg did not expand on the path of least resistance, it expanded on the path of least organizational effort required and largest stimuli (provocations and (biggest) nearby threat).
I apologize, I was using path of least resistance in a more figurative sense, like lightning traveling towards the nearest conductor, not a more literal sense of actual physical resistance. Poor choice of wording on my part.

I would argue that players also tend to go towards the nearest reward. Giant battles = XP = easiest nearby reward. If capping a region provided a good XP/resource reward, I think that would provide some motivation. Zerg herding can be a tricky thing though.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion