Should Heavy Assault Drive? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't hate me because i'm slow
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-09, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Re: Should Heavy Assault Drive?

We're over reacting based on what little we saw and then speculate with little to no knowledge from previous info sources, as per usual. Pretty sure SOE isn't considering any of this as valid feed back, they really shouldn't.

Tank armor is directional. Note how little damage the prowler did to Higby's vanguard striking it from the front: very little, barely a 1/10th if that. When the prowler flanked him and hit him from the rear, he took some significant damage however.

I'm willing to bet when he hopped out of his lightning to engage the Mag-Rider (which he lost against by the way) it shrugged off his rockets in a similar fashion the front his vanguard did prowler shells.

I think unless the victorious tank is sitting at a sliver of life, as long as the bulk of it's armor is facing the bailer, said bailer is just waiting to be smeared across the ground. Lighter craft might be a different story, but unless there's an ejection seat, that's probably a dead HA guy, while the other guy might be an LA that can safely bail or an engi whom can easily retreat and repair his craft.

Also note: there ARE certs that influence how much time is spent entering, exiting, and switching seats. In this build (which is NOT the latest build,) those probably weren't implemented. So when one guy is clearly losing the fight, now he has to choose when he wants to bail. Make use of an extra shot, or get out way ahead of the soon-to-be fireball.

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post

This is PS1 bias that people are carrying over to PS2.
I think this is the motivation for many posters in this thread.

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-09 at 10:17 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion