Trayvon Martin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you know where your grandma is?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-18, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
Really? Where's the outrage for the kids killed in the ghettos every single day? ....if I was taking a wild guess...you arent as outraged about those, because it wasnt a white-hispanic accused of doing the killing, it was just another black kid killing a black kid and that's ok, cause there's no way to express your hatred of white people when that happens.
Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
smdh.

I'm just suprised how open minded people claim to be...and then they automatically assume that a man is guilty based on circumstantial and incomplete evidence.
Ziegler, read WGTs comment and then wonder if your claim of not being outraged by the other thing holds any truth.

Btw, I don't really proclaim to know what happened there, basically what WGT said. However, the stronger case, from what I've seen, suggests Warborn's side to be correct. I do think Warborn was early at his conclusions and strawmanned Zimmerman's intensions here and there, but he doesn't have a completely baseless opinion on this case given the available evidence doesn't set Zimmerman in a shining beacon of light with angels singing quietly in the background.

In the end, it looks to me like a non-premeditated murder, stemming from self-fullfilling black hoodie stereotype paranoia, an overgrown sense of vigilantism and some slight self-importance and amateurism, bad gunlaws and of course a piss-poor social-economical situation for black people that leads to that stereotype paranoia.

Pre-meditated racial murder? No. Intended murder? No. Manslaughter? Probably. Racial profiling and stereotyping involved in the incident? Yes, but probably not entirely conscious or intended (but intuitive). Self-defense? Depends on what transpired and who felt most threatened by who and therefore made the first move. To me stalking would however seem threatening. Instigator of incident? Zimmerman on all counts. Could either have made moves to prevent the event from escalating to a gunshot? Most likely yes, considering Zimmerman had the gun, he's most responsible for this.

Unfortunate and unwanted incident and coming together of circumstances for all involved? Definitely.

Thing is, one guy is dead and he wasn't the instigator of the incident.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-07-18 at 04:58 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum