The decreeased accurracy really hurts the experience. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll take the rapist for 500 Trebeck
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-18, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

The decreeased accurracy really hurts the experience.

**Note - Im not complaining about increased recoil**

As is the case with many Americans I shoot gun IRL. I target practice and I go hunting. Im not some sort of sniper expert but Im competent.

One of the things that I really had enjoyed in tech beta and regular beta was that shooting guns in game actually reminded me of shooting a real gun - unlike so many other games.
If you took the time to aim the guns actually shot more or less where you pointed them - real gun also work this way.

Now have "video game" style guns. Video game style guns are less accurate than real military rifles from 1891(and yes I have shot military guns from 1891.) Video game gun have acurracy similar to a Brown Bess musket.

This is just dumb - in the name of balance the devs warped the most basic element of warfare(shooting) into something unbelievable.
If you crouch and aim it should be extremely easy to stationary object the size of a torso at 200 meters - at least for the first shot.

On a separate note Im completely in agreement with increased recoil. And the idea of each gun having a unique recoil signature is great.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion