Faction performance on release - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 10% less pointy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-21, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Faction performance on release

So, only played Miller yesterday and was wondering if the same thing happened elsewhere.

NC were - of course due to being in the glorious warpgate double team positions since late beta - double teamed to less than 25% of the map on all three continents consistently. Of course the double teaming is expected in a game that relies this much on uncoordinated zerging with all zerg routes leading straight to the NC.

However, the heavier recoil thing for NC seems to be a big contributing factor as well. It was a much heard complaint on TS that TR weapons in particular were ridiculously accurate in comparison. To the point it was hard to compete at all even if you got the drop on someone from behind (particularly the TR medic was cursed at a lot if it would turn around and two-three headshot you instantly). This made it very hard to regain ground. I mean for the Gauss Saw to hit anything at 20m distance, I have to pretty much fire one round at a time.

Now there was some groaning about TR weapons being too accurate during tech test already, but then at least NC had grips and vertical stabilizers available on most guns and it was more incidental complaints than a constant growl of frustration. Several of these stabilisers seem to have been removed and I can't say it improves the gun handling.

I'm not one to dabble with gun balance details much, but I'm under the impression NC's recoil should be reduced by a few percent or at least that the recoil should not be as severe for the initial burst (but gradually get worse if you don't control your rate of fire, rather than getting worse linearly) in order to be truly on par. Or that TR's accuracy needs to be reduced a bit.

Thoughts?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion