The Flight Model Thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does the Galaxy have a food cart?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-03, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: The Flight Model Thread

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
He'd have been at the back end of his career just as I started mine, then. Was he at Warton? I did 2 years on Tornado (the GR4/mid life update programme), 2 years on EFA (Eurofighter Typhoon as it became) and three years in R&D.

It was a lot less exciting than it sounds, mind you.

The 'wings' on an Apache are just there to hang weapons on, IIRC - they make them wing shaped just 'cos it reduces drag. *waits to be corrected by a helicopter geek - I admit to knowing bugger all about rotary wing aircraft*
ye he was at Warton. he was a floor manager in one of the hangers. he was there for 30 odd years.

you are correct that the wings on the apache are for weapon pods ect but are aerodynamic to reduce drag. all rotor blades though if you look at them are thin long wings. instead of needing forward momentum to get air flow over them like a plane they spin to produce lift.

Bac aint the same these days. even when my dad left it was not as fun as back in the day lol.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion