PS2 Base Design - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you're asking, "Will my comp run PS", then NO, the answer is NO.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-13, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whiteagle
Major

Re: PS2 Base Design

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The problem I have with drops is that you drop first, see what is out there later.

And if you put a shield over it with complete cover of a floor, that isn't good either from an attack perspective. Hence why I did use a shield after the drop (with elevators), which then ended on a secure room with two entrances and some safe walls. You could clear that small area, then use the next area to try and clear the room in a fight. A mini buffer zone so to speak.

I'm only not happy with its vulnerability to instagib grenade spam. The 2nd lobby should have sufficient cover to get out those two doors into other positions so if spammed it works more as flushing out than farming.
Well you are going to need a much different second floor layout if you are going to fit two two-stage spawn exit rooms on it, but two of them should prevent grenade spam by making each less vulnerable...

...But from the sounds of it, you are going to have to redesign the top level as well just to accommodate same elevator set-up.

I don't know how much more I can discuss without pulling up MS Paint and drawing blueprints, and I really haven't the energy for that tonight...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion