PS2 Base Design - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plastic Spoon Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-12-14, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whiteagle
Major

Re: PS2 Base Design

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Yeah, but that's why they're better off designing the buildings NOW, then first creating more continents that will need to be overhauled one by one. :/ IT's doing the work twice and is going to cost a lot more time.
True enough, but this will delay development on new Continents, leaving us with the OLD Continents until they are done...

Hence why I am focusing on quick building asset swaps for spawns; they won't fix the issue outright, but they will make it slightly better until the Devs can go back and do a complete overhaul.

I know, I wasn't saying it wouldn't fit there, I was saying it wouldn't work as well there (they'd have to move it anyway, which would cause a lot of reworking).
Actually, not really...
All the small spawn boxes appear to be stand-alone structures that sit by their lonesome, so it just be a matter of deleting them and replacing them with the Mushrooms.

It would probably take less then a hour to replace one, meaning an entire Continent could be done in a couple of days.

I understand the concept, could work as a stand in. Problem is as with anything else, nothing is as permanent as temporary. Good chance they'll call it a day after that as resources are shifted by managers. :/ They'd first have to dedicate themselves to that redesign process really.
Indeed, but they'd first have to get the go-ahead for the redesign process in the first place...
My Mushrooms would hopefully be the first of many more Building assets created for the new designs, it'd just be the easiest to swap with its current counterpart due to their stand-alone nature.
Preferably they and the bases their on would be replaced later on by much better Outpost Fortifications, thus freeing them up to be used as Platoon Spawn Deployables.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion