So you think you're good at First-Person-Shooting... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Peceful Singing Unicorns
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-13, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Illtempered
First Sergeant

So you think you're good at First-Person-Shooting...

Go try Quake3. No, not the ridiculous mods with uber weapons. Capture the Flag was my favorite Q3 game-type, but if you want to get owned, go play on some of the Vanilla 1v1 or DM servers. There's one DM server that pings about 90 for me, and always says "Adults Only".

Some of these guys have done nothing but play Quake, for the last 15 years, and it shows. If you spectate some of them, and watch the way they move around the map, strafe-jump, and aim, you can't be anything but impressed. They are artists in top-form, doing what they love and do best. If you want a pure, twitch-skill, FPS killfest, there's nothing else like it.

I don't mean to compare Quake to Planetside to say one is better than the other. They are entirely different animals. I moved to PS for a reason. I got tired of simply playing the twitch-game. Of course, Planetside can't compete with Quake when it comes to that game, and vice versa. Sometimes I like to go back and play a little Q3 to warm up for Planetside. Sometimes I get the feeling some people playing Planetside2, would rather be playing a game like Q3.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion