Higby Tweets new Loadout Screen WIP - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with 300% more gibs!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-08, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Higby Tweets new Loadout Screen WIP

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
ummm could we possible get a shot that's taken from the front so it's a bit more clear? tilting my screen isn't working
Nah it's just low quality. I made a post on reddit and in my mock-up suggestion made this image trying to correct for the distortion:

It's not much better quality. My suggestion was to go for minimal clicks. It's been mentioned a few times on reddit that changing loadouts and other small options like camos takes too many clicks or requires one to navigate to separate attachment pages. I took a human computer interaction course and one of the first things we learned was distance is very important along with the number of clicks or key presses to perform an action.

Ideally they could remove the whole attachment menu system and just let us click on the actual gun and select items from a gallery that pops up. My suggestion was just a simple fix to remove the attachment screen forcing people to go to it then navigate back. Both clicking on the weapon part and clicking the icon with a gallery would be two short distance clicks. That and being able to see the stats change when hovering over weapon attachments and seeing the effects numerically is important. (Showing a +5 or -5 I mean next to the values with a green or red color).

That said I love numbers. The new interface is really going in the right direction.

In their photoshop mock-up they are showing:
Type
Damage
Ammo
Reload
Hip Fire COF
Ironsight COF
Zoom
Scope #
Recoil
Range
Fire Modes
Accuracy
Fire Modes02 (for the grenade launcher I'd imagine)

Coming from a programming background there's probably more variables. I kind of wish they'd find a way to graph and show them all. I know a lot of people are into bullet spread patterns at different ranges. Having an image for that with a scale that's generated automatically would probably impress people. Especially with a slider for the range so someone can go "oh so at 20 meters the pattern looks like X when aimed straight with a silencer. Being able to see bullet drop that way would be nice also. (Then again the VR training should help with that).

Last edited by Sirisian; 2013-02-08 at 04:29 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion