Expanding on Implants to empires being more unique - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh God, not you again...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-31, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Expanding on Implants to empires being more unique

I actually wrote up this same idea a long, long time ago, but have refreshed it.

There should not be an implant category for all empires. What would be cool is if this extra bit that is added to each empire was a different niche for each. In short, what about something like, The Vanu use implants. The TR would NEVER install such grotesque, inhuman technology into their bodies. They are the "naturalists" or "purists" in my eyes. Instead of implants, why not use something like Physical Training Programs. An implant you install, To maintain say, a DEX bonus, you enroll in the PT Program and maintain the boost as long as your character is in it (the fluff being they are doing the physical training in their "off hours"). You could move from one PTP to another, just as you would uninstall and install new implants. The NC, well, we're the thugs of Auraxis. Combat Drugs. That's 3 unique themes for giving each empire Boosts. I would hope it would be more fleshed out, but this could be as simple as making the same set for all three empires and simply giving each set different names. Here's a fairly uncreative example of what the naming convention for a DEX Boost for each empire could be.

Dexterity Boost - Increase your overall ADS speed by 10%

VS - Reflex Chipset
TR - Agility Training
NC - "Quicken"

www.planetside-devildogs.com

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion