Resources Changes will drastically increase problems with pupulation imbalance - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look religious, the Nuns are comming.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-15, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
bashcannon
Private

Thumbs down Resources Changes will drastically increase problems with pupulation imbalance

hi,

I believe that the pending changes to the resource system will cause severe problems on servers with pupulation imbalance.
Armor and vehicles are very important in this game as they amplify the power of a single player. Well played armor can change the outcome of battles.

The major problem I see is that once vehicles and especially armor is very expesive only the faction that already dominates a continent will be able to draw armor and keep up a constant armor push. The other two faction that are pushed back, cannot afford anything and therefore are left to play as infantry and therefore be slaughtered by the vehicles of the dominant faction.
Up to now it was still possible for the dominated faction to gain enough resources (e.g. by fighting for the techplant close to their warpgate etc.)
to buy vehicles and turn it around. After these changes with ~400 resource costs for all vehicles the dominated factions will just have to wait until the dominant faction gets bored of hanging out at the the dominated warpgates and loggs of.

I see that vehicle spamming can be a problem, this however depends on the balance again. If we have equal spamming on both sides it can turn out to be a pretty epic and massive vehicle battle. The real problem is caused by one sided vehicle zergs, that slaughter everything in their way.
Therefore the upcoming changes do not solve, but worsen the problem IMO.

If one wants to reduce the number of vehicles on the battlefield one should do it equally for all factions. This can be achieved by increasing the respawn timer for all vehicles. This would achieve the desired sense of importance and priciness for vehicles without causing much imbalance.

I had by far the most fun as well as the hightest score per minute in well balanced battles, be it tank or infantry. Rolling with or getting crushed by the zerg is IMO either super boring or just frustrating.

For the sake of this game I hope that they will not go through with these changes.

Greetings Bashcannon

Last edited by bashcannon; 2013-06-15 at 05:49 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion