News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: line starts here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-07-20, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
augrunt
Private

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

I'm sorry guys but being a PlanetSide 1 veteran, I gotta say the only way I can possibly see this working is if you had the ANT back in its previous role.

Driving ANTs was pretty fun to me, and nothing will ever reach the level of thrill I got driving an emergency defenceless "shoot me" target into a base with 10% energy levels whilst it was being blockaded by the enemy.
Also the GAL Ant Drops were EPIC.

Unfortunately, all I can do is describe it and I've talked about the ANT countless times since playing PlanetSide 2 with my outfit and how I wished the old resource system is back, so I was pleasantly informed yesterday that it seems we may be taking steps to get us to that level of meta-gaming.

So I think it would be a silly idea to have it as a module that either a Sunderer (which already does a lot more than it should) or a Harasser or what-have-you could equip. It needs to be its own separate vehicle ala PS1 because this would force teamwork and co-operation as well as bring back some nostalgia to a game that desperately needs it. Slowly, the game is beginning to look more PS1-esque, and that makes me very happy... and I think bringing the ANT back but with a graphic overhaul and its Nanite harvesting capabilities (Auraxium Mines/Crystals? What? like Tiberium? seriously?) from the continental (and future Geo-Warpgates) would be another 3 steps in the right direction.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion