The Oracle of Death - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like a square peg in a round hole.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-18, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Roxalyn
Private

Re: The Oracle of Death

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
False. It takes what, average 10 seconds to blow up any motorized target with Striker (unless the user has used certs to up the armor)?

Just an example from last night, not the first and most likely not the last time; i was driving my Sundy somewhere and came across 1 TR heavy in 'middle of nowhere'. He unloaded the Striker on me and i was down to last bars of health (warning sound but not flamed just yet) in about 3 seconds. I tried getting away while he reloaded, but there was nothing to hide in so he got 1 more round on me and i blew up (i know, blockade armor might help a bit but that's not the point). Try doing that with ANY other weapon including tanks. I can guarantee that you wont succeed, atleast with VS gear. Saron HRB or Zoe-Max with Vortexes might come close if you manage to get 1 meter behind the target and get to unload all on its ass.

I've had pretty much the same experience with Lightning (it's way weaker than a Sundy), and the Magrider (with Mag i can use the burner to try to get away, usually it doesnt work though).

And no, i'm not crying nerf. I'm just stating how it is at the moment in game, and the stats don't lie.

EDIT: Not that sheer number of them don't add to the 'problem', but Striker is far from being ineffective.
I know this isn't the place for balance, and I play all 3 factions quite extensively, but I have to say there is a bit of misinformation in your post. I went to VR to test the striker and get a feel for it, and it actually takes 2 Magazines + 2 rockets (12 rockets total) to put a sunderer into flaming. In optimal conditions (sunderer sitting still, nothing breaking lock on line) The fastest i downed a sunderer was around 28-30 seconds, going off a "stopwatch" on my phone. Lock on and reload times add a fairly hefty chunk to the time. The strikers 2250 damage per reload does seem high, but it's a vehicle only weapon.

Also, the decimater IS a dumbfire weapon, not lock on, and can be fired in any situation. The striker is lock on fire only, will not fire at all if it does not have a full lock so it is useless against anything but vehicles, and also will not lock on to turrets.

I do aggree with the terrain thing being ridiculous though, but that goes for all the lock on launchers. Trying to break locks with any airborne vehicle, regardless of faction, is annoying right now, missiles seem to not care about any obstacles.

Anyways, the Oracle of Death itself cares little for balance... and I need to use my flaregun more apparently...

Edit: Not 2 reloads, 2 magazines is what I meant. post edited to reflect this.

Last edited by Roxalyn; 2013-08-18 at 03:23 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion