Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we get a head count?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-20, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rolfski
Major

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
WHO THE HELL ARE THE PLAYERS YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP AND WHY DO THEY MATTER?
Actually, these are the players that keep this game fresh and in development and prevent it from becoming a dreadful ghost-town for BR100's only: They are called New Players. You might start caring about them as well, unless you want this game to be dead within 2 years of course.

If they can't be arsed to use a feature to help them learn, and obviously dont' have the mental capacity to figure out how to stand back and watch for the massive bright tracers after they, or someone around them died, why do they deserve to be spoon fed such critical information?
This elitist attitude against casual gamers that don't have the time to invest hundreds of hours in a game before getting the hang of it, is for sure the shortest route to a ghost town.

Farming ok, camping ok... camping to farm not ok? You are making no sense.
Let me spell it out for you. Farming should be discouraged in it's current form: It's frustrating for new players and hardly teaches them anything, detracts from objective play and gives way to many rewards/certs with hardly any risks. If these conditions were to be fixed, farming shouldn't be an issue any more.

To think my position is compromised the first time I kill someone? No thank you not for me.
Forcing you to stay relatively mobile might not play as bad as you think in a game that has a zillion camping possibilities.

I can't see them gaining as much as the players that don't need it to whom this type of things becomes a MAJOR advantage.
I see this argument a lot and it doesn't resemble my kill-cam experience. If anything, I've found myself skipping more frequently through kill-cam footage the better I became at a game. Over time, many kill-cam situations become instantly recognizable and doesn't require you to watch the whole footage.

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
You are wrong give it up already you are just pissing people off
If you lack the mental stability to stay in a constructive discussion, I suggest you stay away from it.

Originally Posted by Mustakrakish View Post
First, there's the near-total destruction of stealth. I mean, let's think about this for a minute: any kind of ability that reveals enemy locations (e.g. Recon Dart, Proximity Radar) already requires hundreds of certs to be invested before it reaches usefulness. Adding something like kill-cam to the game does absolutely nothing to improve PS2's depth of gameplay or balance, and would instead undermine both of those things.
As told before, these tools have unique capabilities vs kill-cam and who says kill-cam needs to reveal "everything"? If anything, it balances the game against weaker/newer placers, which is much needed. Forcing you to stay more mobile and think harder before shooting/revealing doesn't kill depth in itself. You can still play the stealth game and likely you will come up new tactics to adept to this.

Second, PS2 isn't just an FPS: it's an MMO, too.
Don't fool yourself by comparing PS 2 with traditional MMO's that typically adapt the the difficulty around you to what level you are. What makes PS 2 so brutal for new players is that it lacks such a mechanic. SOE developed this game with the idea that a BR100 should be max 20% stronger vs a new player. The reality of the learning curve however, probably makes a BR100 closer too 200% stronger vs a new player while still putting them in the same arena.

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Ok...
I am indifferent to kill cams. There is only one constant for me. There needs to be a way to shut them off (such as a perk or implant). This allows snipers, cloakers, and all other affected parties to circumnavigate the extreme disadvantage this brings them. Other than that, kill cams really make no significant difference.
I think this might actually be a good idea. If you are totally convinced that a kill-cam will bring you at a severe disadvantage and you see no way around it, you can invest into a turn-off ability. However, if you don't feel it hampers your play style too much or see ways around it, then you use that slot for another perk/ability

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion