Game improvements wish list - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: please allow 3-5 days for shipment of pwnage.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-03, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Game improvements wish list

Improvements that I�d like to see in future patches that would improve game play and add to team work are as follows: Also, lady gamers, please excuse my use of the masculine pronoun �he/him/his� in this post. Writing he/she or his/hers every time gets cumbersome. So no offense intended.

I�d like to be able to see the health and armor of friendly players. Currently you only see the players health and don�t know if he could use repairs unless you try to repair him. A MAX is particularly bad with this. You see a full health bar and have no idea he is mostly destroyed. I know he can call for repairs, but in a firefight this is not so easily done. Rather than a solid green bar perhaps a numeric listing would be better? Say 100/100 to represent the percentage of Health/Armor?

I�d like to automatically send a notification when trying to repair a friendly that is out of range. Hear me out on this one. The way it would work is you equip a healing or repairing device, point at the friendly, and �fire� it. If he is in range, he gets repaired as it works now, complete with repair text notifications. If he is out of range he gets a message notification that �Player X is offering to repair (or heal) you�. This will help out everyone. It�s just annoying to be running after a MAX or stopping to tell that half dead Reaver soaring overhead �Hey! Come here and I�ll patch ya up!�. Also it would be helpful if the offering Medic or Engineer�s location should light up and blink on the damaged player�s mini-map (a little wrench or �+� sign) to make finding the benefactor easy.

I�d like to see special symbol representing a deployed friendly AMS on the mini-map so it�s more easily found by teammates. Currently you have to know one is in the area and LOOK for it to find the thing. Many times I did not even know there was one near me until I got wasted and have to respawn.

I�d like to see the SOI of a deployed friendly AMS, but ONLY when driving one. This way I can easily see and know where I can and can�t deploy. I can�t tell you how many times I�ve gotten out of my AMS to deploy it only to discover another AMS is in the area and is already deployed. Perhaps if the above suggestion (a deployed AMS mini-map icon) were implemented that would be enough.

I�d like to see the SOI of deployable devices and enemy territory when equipped with a deployable as an Engineer. This could be something simple like just a dotted circle on the ground around each deployable to define its SOI. It�s annoying when trying to place a deployable and having to search for a spot to place it.

I�d like the ability to zoom my view �out� and not just �in�. In other games I�ve configured my mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Works pretty sweet!

I�d like to have pressing �M� to view my continent map not decelerate my vehicle. If you are running on foot you can access the map and keep on moving. If you are in a vehicle you slow down when accessing the map.

I�d also like to have the ability to assign specific keys to the Voice Chat Messages. Hitting 3 keys to send a warning is a bit cumbersome especially if you are trying to dodge or engage that enemy unit. Hitting just 1 would be much better.

I�d like to see a experience share for all players in the �local� chat radius area rather than just members of your squad. If you engage an enemy and have assistance from other members of your empire or even platoon you get the exp and they get nothing. Several times I�ve been in a 10 man squad and had assistance from 1 or 2 stragglers that were tagging along with us. They helped with killing, healing, and repairing but where out of our exp share loop and were pretty much screwed out of lots of exp. So I think everyone in the area should get a share. Squad members would benefit from the 20% team play exp bonus and improved communications.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

BadAsh
Old 2003-11-03, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

isnt their a thread for this already?
Old 2003-11-03, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Cool

OK, let me clarify briefly. That thread was for new in game features or additions such as new weapons, vehicles, nukes, or whatever. This post is just for ideas for the game interface to make game play more �user friendly�. As is, the game has a few very annoying aspects that could very easily be remedied by giving the player more confuguration control and communications easier. And that�s what I�d like to discuss here.

Admittedly my last idea about the exp sharing is a bit off topic. It kind of fits and kind of does not. I�m sorry if that caused any confusion.

BadAsh
Old 2003-11-03, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Ya i know what your saying, but their is a thread on this already...
Old 2003-11-03, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jagd
Major

There even used to be a 600 page stickie for it, but as we discovered there are more improvements that need to be made to this game than grains of sand on a beach.
Old 2003-11-04, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SecondRaven
isnt their a thread for this already?
Do you have anything constructive to add?
Old 2003-11-04, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd like the REK beam to be a different color based on the Hacking skill of the user. I can't count how many times I've covered a hacker who turned out to have no Hacking certification, only to be blown away because it took forever.

Also, a little less important but would be cool, a human touch. The lounge in the Bio Lab is like that, and it's cool, but more would be better. A war is more compelling if it's clear that it's human-beings fighting, and not digital avatars. Maybe a rec building in sanctuary, or a few coffee mugs lying around. Not high priority, to be sure.

Also, grenades do too little damage. In 90% of other games, if you see a grenade, or hear 'Fire in the Hole' you get your ass moving for cover. In this game, if someone is throwing grenades, you just think "well at least he's not shooting me with a Heavy Assault weapon". Grenades should be terrifying, not wimpy.

Of course I could go on and on. All good things in time.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-04, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Plasma grenades are deadly now since the plasma stacks but the exploding ones dont do that much.

some of the things i want SOE to do is to switch around the warp gate links for are home cont cause it gets boring after a while say every week they should do this.
Old 2003-11-04, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

The diff color hak beam isnt that good of an idea because it is sometimes impossable to see the beam... instead have a +[Hackgun symbol] for normal hacking, ++[Hackgun symbol] for adv hacking, and just [Hackgun symbol] for no hacking cert

The armor bar over the player is a good idea, it can be a blue bar instead of numbers. i think numbers would be bigger than a bar

the rec room idea.... hmmm... i think they shot this idea down for good in the first beta of PS, sorry.

AMS, deployable ideas:

Voice chat idea: Macros, not as good as Voice Macros, but they work the same way (/marco [macroname] [/l, /b, /s, /o, /p] [macromessage])

XP share idea:
yes, the plasma nades are deadly now that they fixed the aggrivated dmg bug

I have a ton of ideas of my own, check em out here
Old 2003-11-04, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jagd
Major

I finally got around to reading your whole post, and you should know that if you are using auto-cruise (ie: number 1-0) in a vehicle you can hit M without losing speed. Just like when you're on foot if you are on auto-run (ie:Q) you keep going, but if you're holding down W you stop when you access the map.

The AMS idea is good, but I'd prefer if they just had a little icon on the corner of the screen while you're driving to indicate if you are in an area where deploying is allowed or not. Like a little deploy icon with a line through it or something.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion