Trayvon Martin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: psst... big party at Hamma's house after the show
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-04, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: Trayvon Martin

I guess I have a hard time when white people (I'm just assuming that the 'racism isn't as bad as you all think it is' crowd are predominantly white) feel like they can explain concepts like racism, or homophobia, or sexism, in a way that makes it sound like they know more than, say, the targets of those things.

As a white man, I freely admit that I was born with automatic privilege and that I don't really get a seat at the table when we all talk about what is or isn't racism, unless all I'm doing is listening.
Old 2012-05-04, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Last I checked being white hasn't gotten me shit. Working 2 jobs while going to school has gotten me a lot of places, but I don't think being white forced me to work harder or go to school. I went to a very wealthy high school because my mom worked 2 jobs to put me there, but it was a public school and the inner city would bus kids in because it wasn't fair that they didn't get to go to a school like mine.

Of the black kids who were bussed in, 1/2 would drop out by their junior year, and 1/4 would go to jail by their senior year. I played football with a kid, and one day a bunch of his friends thought it would be fun to ambush a white family outside the metro and literally beat then almost to death for no reason, when he was called in to identify them, he wouldn't do it. He was their but had no part in it, and instead of testifying he went to jail because "you don't rat on your friends" he was a hell of a football player and a good student. What kind of mentality is that?
Old 2012-05-04, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post

I don't really get a seat at the table when we all talk about what is or isn't racism, unless all I'm doing is listening.
But...aren't you "talking" now.

I feel any race gets to talk about racism.

I feel racism is sadly, still around, but I don't want to shut people down who happen to be white or those who feel it isn't that bad.
Old 2012-05-04, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
I guess I have a hard time when white people (I'm just assuming that the 'racism isn't as bad as you all think it is' crowd are predominantly white) feel like they can explain concepts like racism, or homophobia, or sexism, in a way that makes it sound like they know more than, say, the targets of those things.

As a white man, I freely admit that I was born with automatic privilege and that I don't really get a seat at the table when we all talk about what is or isn't racism, unless all I'm doing is listening.
And what do you say to a white man that was subjected to racism?

Old 2012-05-05, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
HalfManHalfGod
Private

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-...harged-attack/

can this person sit at the table to talk about racism?
Old 2012-05-05, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by HalfManHalfGod View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-...harged-attack/

can this person sit at the table to talk about racism?
No one cares, he's white. Now if he was Black, THAT would be news.
Where are the crazy white religious racists to defend him?
Old 2012-05-05, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Gaybashing.

Old 2012-05-06, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

No one cares, he's white. Now if he was Black, THAT would be news.
No one cares except for the police who're investigating the crime, of course, which is kind of different than Trayvon Martin being killed and the police/DA not giving a fuck.

This thread is hilarious by the way. As a white guy myself, I think I'm entitled to say that the other white guys complaining about racism and how being a white guy doesn't do anything for you are fucking retards. Seriously. Your problem isn't that being white and male isn't such a clear and obvious leg-up in life, your problem is that you're too goddamn stupid to realize it.
Old 2012-05-06, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Lets take a look again Warborne, A hispanic shoots a black kid in what he caims self defense, and the entire black community nationwide goes into an uproar including major sports teams, congressmen, and our President himself. The black community has taken to the streets and now an innocent white man has already paid the price in retaliation.

A 13 year old white boy is SET ON FIRE for BEING WHITE, and it doesn't make headline news. No congressmen come to his rescue, and you don't see me and my buddies in the street out for revenge, and its hard for the police to do their job when the community refuses to help.

Really believing that because we are white that is gives us a leg up is just as stupid and frankly racist in itself in my opinion. I will admit that some of us are delt better hands then others, but I refuse to accept the idea that the color of someones skin determines how far they can go in their life if they actually work instead of blaming all of life's problems on the color of their skin. Being didn't get me my 2 part time jobs, never got me into to college, sure as hell didn't help me join the military, and I don't believe it helps me raise my family.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Lets take a look again Warborne, A hispanic shoots a black kid in what he caims self defense, and the entire black community nationwide goes into an uproar including major sports teams, congressmen, and our President himself. The black community has taken to the streets and now an innocent white man has already paid the price in retaliation.

A 13 year old white boy is SET ON FIRE for BEING WHITE, and it doesn't make headline news. No congressmen come to his rescue, and you don't see me and my buddies in the street out for revenge, and its hard for the police to do their job when the community refuses to help.
Hurf durf, lets take a look at it again. An unarmed kid committing no crime is shot and the police let the shooter go and no real investigation is done. Versus, a kid is attackers and the police are investigating. Can you spot the difference? It's funny, because you racists have been posting stuff like this for much of the thread. The difference is that nothing was being done in the case of Trayvon Martin. In this kid set on fire's case, and many others, the police were actively pursuing it with the intent of charging someone and seeing them prosecuted. It's a big difference and it's why these stupid comparisons miss the entire point.
Old 2012-05-06, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
No one cares except for the police who're investigating the crime, of course, which is kind of different than Trayvon Martin being killed and the police/DA not giving a fuck.

This thread is hilarious by the way. As a white guy myself, I think I'm entitled to say that the other white guys complaining about racism and how being a white guy doesn't do anything for you are fucking retards. Seriously. Your problem isn't that being white and male isn't such a clear and obvious leg-up in life, your problem is that you're too goddamn stupid to realize it.
Warborn, you are the fucking idiot. I've lost my job over women who were less qualified, over minorities that never actually did theirs, and even before that I had to tip toe around every non male and/or non white person. Does that sound like privileged male whiteness to you? Maybe where you come from it isn't the same, but you are not fucking qualified to tell me I'm wrong.

Old 2012-05-06, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Warborn, you are the fucking idiot. I've lost my job over women who were less qualified, over minorities that never actually did theirs, and even before that I had to tip toe around every non male and/or non white person. Does that sound like privileged male whiteness to you? Maybe where you come from it isn't the same, but you are not fucking qualified to tell me I'm wrong.
Thank you Sobekeus, i had not even touched on the fact theres no affermative action to garuntee so many of us white males a job. But what do i know being a white male my life is cake.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Yeah, I am qualified to tell you you're wrong. Look at the statistics. Who gives a fuck where I'm from, it's on the Internet you muppet. The group which has the best social mobility and every statistic going in their favour is white men. Yeah, boo hoo, maybe one time something didn't go your way and affirmative action or something reared its head. Cry about it. Shit like that exists because white guys have such an advantage that there need to be rules like that to avoid the workplace from being almost completely staffed and run by white men.

This forum is honestly so funny. It's like Free Republic took a dump and it landed on PSU. I've never seen such a collection of crazy, ignorant, right-wing, racist shitheads.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Natir
Sergeant

Warborn, you are the fucking idiot. I've lost my job over women who were less qualified, over minorities that never actually did theirs
That would pry be because you either complained too much or did not do what you were asked to do or asked to do too many things. Managers do not like someone who wants to always do more, it means they are bored with their current tasks. Managers do not like someone who complains, especially about others. It doesn't even matter if you are 100% correct, if you are the one causing the problems, your ass has got to go.

and even before that I had to tip toe around every non male and/or non white person. Does that sound like privileged male whiteness to you? Maybe where you come from it isn't the same, but you are not fucking qualified to tell me I'm wrong.
If you had to do those things, are you some kind of racist who always had to watch what they said or did around certain people? I have many non-white and female friends, I act just as I would around anyone else. Even if they are a coworker, if you have to act a certain way around them just because of their ethnicity, you might be a little racist... just saying.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum