What's your game? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where god is underpowered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-16, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
wormywyrm
Private

Re: What's your game?

Originally Posted by icepick View Post
I have been playing a ton of starfarer. Also some A valley without wind. Also some blacklight retribution, but not in a while.
Damn you ice pick... I downloaded starfarer like 6 hours ago and I haven't stopped playing it yet. It is 7 AM.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Wandering Mania
Private

Originally Posted by AnamNantom View Post
Dawn of War... check
Sins of a Solar Empire ... check
Skyrim ... check

I don't have alot of time, but I make it! I'm a time generator.
I also use to play Nuclear Dawn. But if you apply for comander, 5 seconds after the match starts you have some noob come into the game and immiditly try to boot you out of the "hotseat" with out you knowing it and you doing a good job to lose it for your team. It is a good RTS/FPS mix game but to meny idiots.
Old 2012-08-16, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
KimJongLulz
Banned

Some World of Warcraft here and there...Soon to start playing Guild Wars 2.

Other than that...eh Project Reality mod on BF2, some Space Marine with alittle Blacklight and Red Orchestra 2 mixed in.

I would love to try European Escalation, looks like World in Conflict and R.U.S.E had a baby...that was perfect.
Old 2012-08-16, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Rico Suave
Private

Originally Posted by KimJongLulz View Post
Other than that...eh Project Reality mod on BF2, some Space Marine with alittle Blacklight and Red Orchestra 2 mixed in.
Oh my, Project Reality, so many good memories, it has been awhile though. I tried Blacklight, initial reaction was "this is awesome!", but after about 3 hours it went downhill fast so I haven't touched it since.

Now I've been playing Ghost Recon Online since it's now in beta, that's a fun game. But uhhh... it's mainly been Hearts of Iron 3, which is on almost the opposite side of the spectrum.
Old 2012-08-16, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Clueless
Private

Been playing quite a bit of League of Legends. Have a group of friends I regularily play with a few times a week, wide range of skills but all great people. Finally starting to land some decent Orianna ults, and I think I am finally starting to perfect my Jungle Yi.

Just beat the Witcher, enjoyed it, but oh my god, Witcher 2 is quite the superior game. Deep and immersive, the story and character building are much improved. Combat is much more complex, it isn't simply spamming Igni and swinging your sword around, that gets you killed real quick. Just.. awesome.

Also just pre-ordered Guild Wars 2. No beta access to it, but I enjoyed the first game, and I like a lot what I hear about what is being developed for the second.
Old 2012-08-16, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
KimJongLulz
Banned

Yea...BL:R...is...slowly becoming rather un fun.

BTW, GW2 will be nothing like the first one. And you can get into some stress tests with the pre order, they announce them here and there. After BWE3 I have to admit I enjoyed it...I hope I see a noticeable increase in performance now that i've upgraded to a quad core and windows 7. (as opposed to a dual core windows vista, which I used in BWE3)

Last edited by KimJongLulz; 2012-08-16 at 03:44 PM.
Old 2012-08-17, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Mr DeCastellac
First Sergeant

I'd have to disagree! Guild Wars 2 is a bit different than it's predecessor, but I wouldn't say 'nothing like it'. There are a lot of similarities! A lot of the changes were for the good of the game, too.

There have been so many WoW-clones since it became so popular, and they've changed the Guild Wars franchise up a bit so newcomers wouldn't think that they're just copying WoW.
World of Warcraft went to the extreme with 'kill 10 rats' quests, and Guild Wars had a little bit of that, so they revamped the questing system, so now there aren't any 'kill 10 rats' or 'collect 10 rat tails' quests.

Also, GW2 is a bit more fast paced, with the run-while-you-cast, combo fields, and roll-evading.

They also added various races to choose from, which I love.

Oooh, one more. In GW1, as you know they had the dual-class system, but everyone would just pick "[Class They Want] + [Monk]", so they took out the dual-class and just gave each class their own healing spells.

Anyways, those are just the differences, there are many many similarities. I think if you liked GW1, you'll definitely like GW2.
Old 2012-08-17, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Wandering Mania View Post
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade,
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm,
Good stuff, I found several bugs with them in single player though. Like you can get infinite dark raiders on the last mission against dark eldar as Necrons. Just keep using destroyer lords to possess the waves that come at you. The game bugs and lets you build more lords. You can also cause a bug that breaks the game solid in the last SoB mission using pariahs against the living saint to the point that she breaks into negative maximum HP makes the engine cough up an interesting error message and then the mission won't end. Another bug on that map involves their organ artillery tanks. Possess one via a lord and you get their special ability that can hit anywhere on the map. Thing is that the ability has no cost, no cool down, and can hit in fogged areas. So if you know where the enemy command center is... yeah.

Dark Crusade is on the whole more stable but cut scenes have interesting properties. For example in the Orc final base I got a Big mek to go into negative HP from raw damage dealt to him and then had to wait for him to regen back to positive health so I could kill him. If you know where bits of cut scenes happen you can also put down squads or buildings to mess with them. A clear memory of such was at the end of the Eldar mission the Farseer is bemoaning her failure to the harlequin while somehow managing to fight off a Space Marine force commander while in the background a chaplain works to destroy a soul shrine. That bug has something to do with how the game deals with units attached to squads.

Also the last Chaos base in SS when your commander kill the chaos lord if you max out your melee damage upgrades first he'll likely die before he stops talking. More fun in the last Eldar base as SM because you can drop pod your builders into the spot where the main Eldar base will appear at. You can build a secondary base inside their base or, do as I do, and max out your turret population inside where the base will be. The buildings just clip through each other and the turrets will do a very nice job for you. (Also remember that you only need to kill their main building to win which is spawned along the top) You can't do this with any other race though the Necrons get close as you can use the deciever to drop a fake monolith into the base and then recall all your infantry into the base.

imo, Dark Crusade is the better of the two just for the reason that bases you build stay as you built them. So if you take the time to let your enemy live longer than they normally would you can reinforce the map to the point that if you are attack you can not be dislodged. My personal favorite method is building turrets at choke points and maxing out my HQ buildings/tech so I start with relic units against their starting scouts. With Necrons this means building a lv3 Monolith fairly far into the interior of the map so I can upgrade it to an active one and just TP it into their base. Though if you want the map to go as fast as it can, build your lord and then stock up on flayed ones. Just run your lord into their base then drop a max pop of flayed ones on top of their HQ and go to town. HQ goes boom = quick win.

I've seriously played the first series way too much. Pity I couldn't get the same mileage out of DoWII. (Chorus of the Righteous Dead and Neverending Hail of Destruction are awesome, it's a crime there's no real point where they can come into their full glory)
Old 2012-08-17, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Xazbot
Private

Well speaking of mount&Blade. I've been playing it...Speaking of an AAA "M&Bladiesque" I m on the beta of War of the roses (don't ask), someone spoked of Soldat, me I play King Arthur's Gold, it's from the same guy (MM) and I love it.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Wandering Mania
Private

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
imo, Dark Crusade is the better of the two just for the reason that bases you build stay as you built them. So if you take the time to let your enemy live longer than they normally would you can reinforce the map to the point that if you are attack you can not be dislodged. My personal favorite method is building turrets at choke points and maxing out my HQ buildings/tech so I start with relic units against their starting scouts. With Necrons this means building a lv3 Monolith fairly far into the interior of the map so I can upgrade it to an active one and just TP it into their base. Though if you want the map to go as fast as it can, build your lord and then stock up on flayed ones. Just run your lord into their base then drop a max pop of flayed ones on top of their HQ and go to town. HQ goes boom = quick win.
Dark Crusade I do like some things and hate some things Soulstorm the same.
I do like that Dark Crusade has the manual defencive set up, but I hate how short the campain is (to little number of terratories to capture). I like Soulstorms huge ariea in the campain but hate the crappy defencive machanic.

I have also noticed that the Sisters of Battle are 100% useless because there wepons do almost no damg with out a Confessers help.

Also the Dark Eldar have a verry nice way to take out the anoying Eldar base being build as meny Raider craft as you can and max pop on Warrior and Scorge squads, load up the Raiders with the Warrior squads and move them all under the Eldar base and jump in.

The Space Marines I just build 2 land speader tempests and once all my troops are built send the 2 tempests in and drop pod my whole army of Marines and Dredknots on top of the base.

The Imprieal guard all you need is 2 Leaman Russ tanks and 3 Basilisks. Move those under the base with the Leaman Russes guarding the Basilisks, Spot the Eldar HQ with your Field Command and 3 Earthshaker rounds will take it out (it would be technaly 2 would do it but if 1 Basilisk died on the way then you are still good to go).

Last edited by Wandering Mania; 2012-08-19 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
SouthernGoods
Corporal

Natural Section 2 i played 21 hours the first weekend (Friday-Sunday) i got it... I still haven't got tired of it :P
Old 2012-08-18, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
FriarFin
Private

I've been playing Dwarf fortress.
Because everything else is too easy.
And because it is a lot of Fun.
Also because losing is Fun. The same Fun.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge